10. Childish Games

Silas

"I expect better of you two, you damn near being my beta, and you his mate who takes care of children, I would have expected you both to handle that situation better," Benny chastised us. Admittedly I did feel bad for allowing my emotions to take over, but I was having a very emotional day

"Benjamin!"

We all looked over to see the Luna walking through the door.

"Jaleesa," Alpha Benny started.

"No!" she said emitting a low growl from her throat. It was always amazing to see the way they interacted between each other. When they were in public in front of the pack, no one would question Benny's authority. But when it was the three of us I always questioned how Jaleesa was able to talk to Benny the way she did, up until now. When I meet Nevaeh did I understand that no matter what your rank, you are powerless to your mate.

"These two did nothing wrong and you know it. What Eli did was wrong and we all know it." Jaleesa said with a tone of finality ending that conversation. "Now Nevaeh before, you and Silas left so abruptly I wanted to speak with you, will you join me for a walk?"

"Umm sure," Nevaeh said almost unsure, but got up and walked behind her out the door. My eyes followed the two she- wolves and wandered down to Neveah's plump behind.

"Silas!" Benny yelled effectively moving my attention from my mate. "Jesus you got it bad." Benny shook his head

"What are you talking about?" I asked looking at him dumbfounded no doubt.

"Have you two consummated the bond?" to that question I responded with a deep growl shaking the picture frame. "I'm only asking because the new moon is Sunday, and the last thing I need to be worried about is you going to fuck Nevaeh while she's watching over the children."

"No we haven't!" I replied. "We're taking our time."

"Who's taking their time, you or her. Because despite you guys unusual mating, she seems to be calling all the shots," Benny said sitting in his chair finally.

"He's one to talk," Angel retorted. I chuckled.

"My mate and I will mate when the time is right," I responded. Benny sighed before taking a seat comfortably in his chair.

"Fine," he said effectively ending that conversation.

"Was there any word on the rogues that came to attack us the other day?" I asked sitting up straight in my seat.

"Yes actually they were being lead here," Benny said.

"By who?" I asked leaning forward in my chair.

"When I interrogated one of the captured rogues, the pack witch was able to get a name- Leo," Benny said.

"Dammit," I growled. Leo was my father's adopted son who was supposed to take over my role after I ran away. Why would he take time to come and bother me in my new pack.

"I will handle this," I said getting out of the chair to leave.

"No! We will need you here," Benny protested.

"He's annoying my profusely today," Angel growled.

"If he attacked the other day, who's to say that he's not plotting another attack right now," Benny urged. "Besides how would I explain myself to Nevaeh?"