Thirteen - Chapter Eight

I laid in bed staring at the ceiling for what felt like eternity. And even though Lexi had demanded that I rest too many questions and worries filled my head to the point of explosion and kept buzzing around, keeping me very much awake.

    Why hadn't I transformed? I had only used some sort of super power and completely attacked 3.0 when the only thing I felt was anger. Just pure anger towards him. The look on his face had caused that.

    What were those vibrations? I didn't feel them then, probably because I was trying to keep my anger under control and not go back into the gym to kill 3.0, but I had seen Merlin. He had felt them too but he hadn't said anything. Had these been going on for a while? But none of the others subjects seemed to have felt them; just Merlin and me.

    And third, why had that great monster of a man been so set of seeing me hurt? I hadn't done anything to him; he had been the one to attack me. Had I done something to him in my past that I couldn't remember and now was his time to get me back? And he had stuttered, just like Sebastian when he seemed to like me. Maybe that had just been a slip of the tongue but I wasn't sure.

    So that made way for another question. What was 3.0?

    There were so many more questions but those were the main ones. For now, they were the Queen bees of the hive and the rest were their willing subjects. Until the other questions manifested into even bigger parts of my brain.

    I sighed and pushed myself into an upright position. My head was killing me and I had to rest it in my hands with my eyes closed for a couple of minutes to stop the room from spinning. I couldn't be bothered to change out of the jumpsuit and I didn't really have anything else to do.

    "Maybe I'll go see if Merlin's in his room" I suggested to myself.

    I quickly ran through the Nova hallways, already learning my way around. When I stopped in front of Merlin's cage I looked in cautiously, not sure what I would see. He was in there, laid on the bed reading a book.

    "Hi," He blinked, clearly surprised by my sudden appearance. He sat up and put his book down, then came over to the bars. "What's up?"

    "I..." I paused. I wasn't actually sure why I was here, something in the back of my head had told me to visit Merlin. "I'm not sure" He looked puzzled for a second but then nodded in understanding.

    "I know why you're here," He sat down on the floor and motioned to the empty space in front of him. "I need to talk to you about something"

    I sat down and crossed my legs, getting myself into a comfy position. "Okay, I'm listening"

    Merlin took and deep breath and collected his bearings. "I haven't been completely honest with you" He whispered.

    "What do you mean?"

    "You remember the first day you were here?" He asked. I nodded my head instantly; nothing on Earth could make me forget that day. "You were weak and scared so I could get into your thoughts easily. I convinced you to try and escape because no more people should go through what we have endured. But they'd fixed the alarm system; I hadn't expected them to fix it so quickly and I'd thought you would leave Naida. My mistake. And when you were struggling with 3.0 I could get into your head again because you were freaking out, although you were hiding it very well. The point is I heard the thoughts you had in your head about escaping and helping us out. So, I told the guys-"

    "Wait, you told them the plan to escape?" I pointed an accusing finger at him and he shrank away from it.

    "We weren't sure if you were going to help us or not!" He yelled in defense. "A lot of thoughts mixed together in your head so I couldn't make out which ones were which"