Thirteen - Chapter Ten

The first thing I did was scream.

    I didn't want to; it just came out.

    And it was a loud scream. One that pierced my ears and made the blood pound behind my eyes. I wanted to stop but I couldn't hold it in.

    Soon my lungs burned from lack of air and I finally stopped screaming. I opened my eyes and was shocked to see white. Was I dead? Everything was white, from the walls to the floor, and made up of soft white cushions that felt like clouds. Maybe I was dead.

    But I couldn't look at it for long. I grabbed my head which felt like it had been hit by a giant rock. Looking down at my hands, I had to hold in another scream when I saw gruesome burns covering my palms and which hurt like hell.

    My muscles felt as if someone had tried to pull them out of my arms and my legs ached, pins and needles shooting through them when I finally regained control of them.

    "Hello...?" My voice was hoarse. Taking in the room again, I noticed the black glass in the wall to my left and stared at it as if it were a joke.

    I never thought I would think that but I wished I was still in Nova and not dead.

    No one answered me.

    It was just silence.

    "I'm scared," I whispered, my voice barely even there. "Jokes over. It's not funny anymore," I scanned the room but nothing changed. The idea that this was all real and that I was dead kept creeping its way into my head. "Guys...?"

    "I don't care!" I heard someone yell. I tried to stand up but the blood rushed to my head too quickly and the room spun around me. I sank down on the floor and crawled slowly towards the glass. "I need to help her!"

    "Hello?" I pressed myself against the glass to see if I could see through it. "Is anyone there?"

    "Dani!" The voice screamed and I jumped away from the glass. A part of the wall was jerked away and Naida rushed into the room. I was so glad to see her that tears were soon falling down my cheeks.

    "Naida," I wept and she skidded to her knees and grabbed me in a hug. "Naida, what's going on?"

    "It doesn't matter. What’s matters is that you're still Dani and I'm still your best friend" Her voice was thick and I felt her tears wet my hair. I just nodded, unable to speak. We sat on the floor hugging for ages. But it didn't amount to how long I felt like I was asleep.

    I gasped. I was supposed to be in a coma. That potions job was to make me sleep but my eyes were open and I was awake. Then the memories came back to me. They came rushing back like a train and I felt my heart explode. I stiffened when the thoughts filled my head to the point where I had to close my eyes to try and stop the fountain of tears gushing down my cheeks.

    "Dani?" Naida pulled back to look at me but I turned away. "Dani, what's wrong?"

    "What did I do?" I whispered.

    You did what I told you to do. Ivy laughed. The anger instantly boiled up inside me and filled my body with rage. Rage towards Ivy.

    "Well, you kind of..." Naida trailed off when she saw my arms flop down to my sides and my eyes lower to the floor. "Dani?"

    "Naida, get out. I'm being controlled" I turned to look at her and saw the fear in her eyes.

    Where's the fun in telling? Ivy sighed.

    "Leave me alone!" I yelled, clutching my head. I looked up at Naida. "Naida, go. Please. I might lose myself again and I don't want to hurt you"