Thirteen - Chapter Fifteen

I yawned and sleepily turned over. Sighing contently, I snuggled deeper into the soft warm quilt. I hadn't slept that good in ages and the bed felt like clouds; they were so comfortable and felt like two huge arms caressing me in a bubble of luxury and coziness. I wouldn't have been surprised if Naida didn't want to get up either.

    "Good morning" A voice whispered close to my ear.

    Naturally, I screamed. And flung myself off the bed away from the intruder.

    At the same time, Naida screamed and rushed into my room, grabbing hold of my arm. Mischievous laughter erupted from Naida's room as I stared with my mouth open at the person laughing in my bed.

    "Sebastian?!" I couldn't keep my eyes off of the guy laid in my bed, laughing at my expression.

    And I couldn't keep my eyes off his chest. He was not, and I would repeat this to anyone who asked, wearing a shirt. He was in my bed without a shirt on.

    "You expect anyone else?" He grinned, propping himself up onto one elbow.

    "I didn't expect to see you in my bed in... oh God, are we still in Maridia?" I asked, hoping it hadn't all been a sick effect of the therapy. If I'd just imagined being forced into a portal, being attacked by weird monster and then offering to help a fictitious princess I was going to be seriously annoyed with the Nova people.

    He frowned. "Is that what this place is called? Weird"

    "How did you get here?" Naida asked, her grip on my arm loosening. I wondered what had freaked her out?

    "Same way you did," B12 answered, leaning against Naida's door frame. My eyes widened when I saw him. B12 had come with Sebastian? "We came through the portal"

    "Why?" I turned on B12, trying to get my eyes off Sebastian. "And why did you think it would be funny to scare the hell out of us?"

    "We didn't think you'd scream," Sebastian reasoned, jumping off the bed. "Just, you know, get scared a little" He loomed over me like the trees in Maridia. He looked to be in a good mood, being in bed gave him terrible bed head and his emerald eyes locked on mine. His tanned chiseled chest looked too good to be true that I found myself leaning towards him until Naida pulled on my arm.

    "You didn't answer my first question" I counteracted, dragging my eyes from Sebastian's.

    "We got your note," B12 shrugged. "Said you needed help. Doctor Mayhew didn't want us to go but-"

    "Wait, the note saying we needed help?" I turned on Naida this time and she smiled sheepishly. "What did you write?"

    "I put that we needed help because we were stranded in a forest," She bit her lip, looking down at her feet. "We do actually need help"

    "Yeah, but I thought you put something like we couldn't get back and might be a while. Now they're stuck here with us!" I swung my arm towards Sebastian.

    "Oh," She wrung her hands and kept her eyes on the floor. "I didn't think about that"

    "No, you didn't" I said angrily.

    "What are you guys arguing about now?" B12 laughed.

    "Now?" Naida's eyebrow rose at him.

    I rolled my eyes and grabbed Sebastian's shirt off the floor, throwing it at his face. "Put your damn shirt, I can't think straight," He chuckled and slipped it on. "Now we have to include them in this," I pushed them out of the room and locked the door. "Get dressed Naida, we need to get going. It's already nine; we slept for half the morning!"