Six

Monday rolled around and Lauren still hasn't seen Camila around campus nor have she seen her for a week. It was as if the girl was hiding from her but Lauren couldn't find a reason why she would, so she shook that thought away as quick as it came to her. Lauren was sitting down at the very corner of the room where she was sure that nobody would bother her, she was bored to death as she tried to listen to whatever the teacher was saying. She was tapping her pencil on the table and one elbow propped up, her cheek resting on it as she  looked at the front. She would often glance at the clock hanging on the back of the classroom's wall. It seemed like time was moving rather painfully slow. Class barely started and Lauren wanted to get out of this class already.

Lauren sighed and sees the door open on her peripheral vision but didn't bother looking, thinking that it was just some random late student. As of the rest of the class, they looked at the person on the door curiously seeing that they haven't seen the person on this class before. Lauren looks out the window beside her and heard the teacher speak but didn't listen on what she was saying before she felt someone sit at the empty chair beside her. Still, Lauren looked out the window at the empty parking lot below her and started to think about completely random things. She should be listening but she didn't feel like it.

Their teacher instructs for them to take out their books and Lauren sighed, ducking down to take her book and laid it on top of her table. The person beside her does the same and Lauren catches a glimpse of familiar long dark brown hair and caramel skin before she finally snaps her head to the side to take a look at the person. Lauren's breath hitched as Camila raised her chocolate eyes to meet her emerald green ones, the girl nodded as a greeting before looking back down at the book in front of her. Camila didn't smile nor was she frowning, she had an unreadable expression and Lauren didn't know why she felt so nervous.

What was she doing here? Lauren thought, her eyebrows slightly furrowed as she removes her gaze from the girl beside her. Isn't she a sophomore? Lauren sighs and turned to the page where their teacher asked them to go to. She was probably just moved to this class.

Lauren frowned when she read the words written on the said page.
Oh god...Lauren thought and mentally groans, reading the words again and again. She knew she should have listened to whatever their teachers was saying because not a single thing can Lauren understand what was written on the book. She gave Camila a fleeting glance and sees the girl pursing her lips, her eyes moving from left to right as she read the problems on the book. Lauren quickly averted her gaze and fixed it on the teacher who was once again explaining when she saw Camila raise her eyes.

"Answer the questions written on the next page on a piece of paper" Ms. Collins, their math teacher instructs and Lauren shrugged, proceeding to the page despite not knowing what the hell their lesson is about. Numbers and letters, that's what Lauren sees. Obviously, seeing that she is holding a math book. Usually, Lauren had no problems in understanding these stuff but not today. her head was starting to hurt from trying to understand the problems, she rubbed her temples and ran her hand through her hair.

She now regretted taking AP classes but she kept reminding herself that it was worth it. For college.

Camila glances at the girl beside her, looking like she was having troubles. She wanted to help her but she knew she couldn't. How was she suppose to teach her when she couldn't even talk? Well, she can..but she didn't want to. Maybe not now, not sooner or maybe not ever.

She regretted trying to talk to the girl at the park and ended up running away like a coward because God, that was embarrassing. She didn't know why she felt this comfort towards her, she was relaxed and felt like it was just easy to talk to the girl despite not even doing it yet. She didn't feel anxious and uncomfortable when Lauren first talked to her. It was weird. Usually, she would ignore strangers she sees outside but not with Lauren. In fact, she stayed longer and listened. She even responded with a nod or a shake of her head. It was probably because Jake was with her, she loves that dog so much.

Maybe. maybe just..maybe, she would try to talk to the girl. Even just one very short sentence. But obviously she knew she wouldn't do that any sooner. And she hoped that if she tried again, she wouldn't run like a freaking coward.

-

Camila hopped on top of her bed and reached for the small notebook where she write her feelings, emotions and experiences in life. Also called as her journal. It was really old, it looked really old too. Camila pursed her lips and opened to a random page that she has written 2 years ago.

Hey, it's me again.

Guess what? I ran away out of my house...again.

did you know that my parents tried to force me to talk today? Well I hated it when they did that. I hated it when they took me to therapy. I hated this, why did it had to happen to me? To us?

So then I ran to the place where I usually go. I tried to hide better this time but of course, Timothy my cousin found me. Like he always does. He knew me too well.

But all I wanted was silence, just like me. Silent.

My parents stopped calling the police when they realized that I would always run away when I get the chance to. Instead, they would call Timothy for help. And every time, timothy finds me. All cold with ripped clothes. I hate him. I hate him. I want him to leave me alone.

Why can't they leave me alone?
I thought they understood why I'm like this. They should. They've gone through it too but why did they act like nothing happened a few months later? Have they moved on?

Should I too?

Maybe.

I wish I can.

Camila knew she didn't hate Timothy, he is a good guy. She only wrote that because she was angry at everything that was happening to her life. She sighed and turned to a few more pages.

Hey, Again

I made an improvement...I stopped running away. That's a big improvement, right?
I think it is. Do you?

Wait, why am I even asking? You can't speak.

Oh, wait.

Oh right.

I can't either so I guess it's even. (Maybe except for the fact that you're an inanimate object!)

Anyways,
It's been almost a year after the accident. I still, as usual, stay inside my room the whole day. As usual, I don't eat break fast. And As usual, I don't speak.

But what's not usual was that I actually feel happy today. My parents gave me a dog that I have always wanted since I was a little girl. He was adorable. I named him Jake. You know, from adventure time? He kind of looks like him, to me at least.

But I didn't tell my parents that I felt happy. Nor did I tell the therapist. I still don't trust her. She was nice but I don't like her. She keeps telling me to try to speak.

I also kind of overheard my parents saying that they were going to homeschool me now. I didn't mind. I didn't want to go out anyway.

But then I finally went out of my room today and it was only because I wanted to buy Jake a Collar and a dog tag. Actually, I snuck out. I got back soon enough tho, the shop wasn't that far.

So when my parents saw the dog tag and collar around jake's neck, they were shocked and surprised. But they looked happy I finally went out somewhere to do something and go back without having Timothy to find me again.

They even hugged me.

I didn't like it.

-

A/N: was this too short or...?

Another clue! Yaaay