Class A

"Allison! Allison wait up!" Shouted Derek, jogging after Allison who was getting into her car after school.

"Hey Derek" she smiled. Derek McCall was two years older than her and in senior year, but he was her best friend Scott's brother and Derek always treated her like a younger sister considering she used to spend every waking moment with Scott.

I hadn't spent much time with Scott anymore. He'd changed after his accident. In freshman year he was in a crash on his bike, he broke two ribs and fractured his skull. After that he went silent. Smoking, drinking, drugs, all the craze with him and his new friend, especially Matt Dealer. He got him into all the bad stuff.

"Have you seen my brother?" Derek sighed, leaning against the car door.

"Why? What did he do now?" Allison sighed.

"The idiot went off with Matt in his first free period and he didn't show off for any of his classes today, I called his cell but when he picked up all I could hear was shouting drunk kids and the person shrieking down the line definitely wasn't Scott" he explained, running his hands through his jet black hair, "my mom is going to go mental if he turns up trashes one more time"

"I understand completely" she nodded, thinking carefully, "have you checked the skate park?"

"No, I was going to check there after I dropped by Matt's house" he shrugged, folding his arms.

"I can go there now" she opened her car door and climbed in.

"Thank you so much" Derek said, "I'm sorry for dragging you into this all the time"

"Derek I was a part of this from the start" she sighed, turning on the ignition, "Scott literally means the world to me, and I would do anything for him to be happy again"

"He always had a huge crush on you, you know?" He smiled slightly, stepping away from the car so she could shut the door.

"Oh believe me, I know"

***

"Chug! Chug! Chug! Chug!" The crowd shouted, pouring their beer on each other, screaming at Scott to finish the huge jug of alcohol that was being poured down his throat. When he'd finished he let out a gurgled shout and threw his hands up in triumph.

"You're a fuckin' beast McCall!" Matt laughed, pulling him into a drunk headlock as he steered him away from the masses and to a more empty area of the skate park.

"I told you!" Scott slurred, "if you give me the drink I'll down it"

"I believe you" Matt chuckled, pulling a plastic bag out of his pocket, it was filled with small rolls of spliff, "want one?"

"I'm a wasted delinquent with no morals" Scott shrugged, "give it here then". Matt picked one out and handed it to him along with a lighter. He put the roll in between his lips and lit it.

"I promised I give a couple to some chicks over there, wanna come get a prize in return? I heard they're wildly generous" he raised his eyebrows and laughed.

"Nah, nah you go have you're fun" scott mumbled, taking another puff before patting him on the back. Matt nodded and stumbled over to the crowd again. Scott sighed and leant against the wall of the skate ramp, smoking quietly as the party raved on around him.

"Scott McCall!" Shouted a familiar voice from the gate of the park. Allison stormed over to me with anger fuelling every step she took.