(short) -Surprise-

Allison's POV

"Get up!" Lydia yelled, sitting on my waist and pressing all her weight down on my limp body. 

"I don't want to" I groaned, opening my eyes slightly but cringing away from the bright light of the room. 

"Today's the day!" Lydia started tapping my forehead rapidly till I sat up, "You need a shower though" she smiled innocently. 

"I know that already" I sighed, trying to brush back my messy black hair with my fingers, "and what day is today?" 

"Your surprise!" Lydia grinned from ear to ear, pulling me out of bed. 

"Oh, the so called 'surprise' that no one will shut up about" I groaned. 

"Think of it as an early birthday present" 

"My birthday was two weeks ago?" I raised my eyebrow and walked into the bathroom.

Scott's POV

"So you excited? Getting to see your gal?" Major smiled, elbowing me softly. 

"It's been a year" I chuckled, "I couldn't think of anything I'd rather do than be with her"

"It's gonna be a surprise right?" he asked.

"Yeah..." I nodded.

"Did you tell anyone?"

"Yep, I told Stiles, well, I sent a letter" I shrugged, "I told him to tell Lydia but keep it a surprise from Allison, I gave them the time we were landing and everything" 

Major let out a deep laugh. He wasn't like most officers, he liked his sense of humour too much to be serious. He was coming back to visit his daughter, after the big shoot out a lot of us wanted to go home and be with the people we love again. I didn't really have a choice in whether I got to stay or not. 

"Do they no about the..." Major gestured to my shoulder, which had a sling wrapped around my camouflaged uniform, I shook my head quickly, "That might worry your friends"

"I'll explain everything to them, I just want to spend my free month with my girlfriend" I sighed, "Plus I actually kind of miss my own bed"

"I just want to see my little girl" 

"How old is she now?" I smiled.

"She is two years, four months and ten days old" he chuckled, "I like to keep her growing in my mind y'know" 

"Sounds like a plan" 

Major dug his hand into his pocket and pulled out a small photograph of a little girl with blonde curly hair in the arms of her mother. It felt warm to look at it, they both looked so happy. 

"It kinda reminds me what we're fighting for..." he nodded, "What my team are fighting for" 

I could tell he still felt bad, by the time control told us we were walking into a red zone it was too late, I didn't like to think about it but it was impossible not to wish we hadn't gone in. 

Eleven of us went in. Six of us came out. 

"You shouldn't beat yourself up about it Major" 

"I know that..." he shrugged, looking at me with sad eyes, "but knowing that you were the last one to get out alive, makes me wonder, what happened to you" 

I sighed and looked around the plane hanger, filled with chatting soldiers from different teams, "I was in the clear" 

"Why in hell would you go back in"