Part two

The quinjet you were all in had finally landed. Wherever you were being held captive must have been further away than you thought. You believed it was at least two months you were imprisoned there. The only survivor, now free. You owed your freedom to these people. If it wasn't for them, god only knows how long you would have been there.

It seemed like a place where the army would be trained, the facility they brought you to. In a way, they looked like soldiers. Just in less traditional uniforms. But soldiers none the less. The woman with red hair took the device off from your neck, meaning you could use teleportation again. She used a lazer of some sort to cut through it. Finally that horrible collar was removed, you felt more comfortable. Rubbing your neck as it left a mark. Everyone looked to you expectantly. It sort of felt like being the new kid at school. All eyes on you, waiting for you to speak.

"We should probably introduce ourselves. I'll start, my name's Steve Rogers." said the one in the military style uniform. So that's his name. For some reason you trusted him. It's his eyes, they are so welcoming. You didn't trust the others as of yet. That's probably because you met Steve first. And who could blame you for having trust issues after what you've been through?

When everyone introduced themselves to you, it felt less awkward and less tense. It seemed like they were more weary of you, knowing perfectly well what Hydra experiments are capable of.

"My name's y/n." you looked at every single one of them with a smile. Making sure that you meant no harm and that you are a friendly person. If they didn't trust you they wouldn't have brought you back here. So that's a plus side. You didn't have anywhere else to go really.

You came to learn that you weren't the only one who has been subjected to hydra's dirty work. Well, the Maximoff twins weren't really subjected, as they signed themselves up for it in the first place. However, they were completely unaware of their methods.

"We know exactly how you are feeling, my sister and I." Pietro told you, being able to relate with your story. Wanda nodded in agreement with her brother. You couldn't help but notice his thick Sokovian accent. His accent was rather alluring actually. He is also rather attractive and easy on the eyes.

"You might have been through hell to get whatever ability it is you have. But you can make it better, turn it into something good. Like working alongside us. The Avengers." Steve got himself involved again in the conversation. Wanting you to become a part of something much bigger than yourself. Only if you wanted to that is. No one is going to push you into a decision.

"I guess you're right. I survived that place for a purpose, this might as well be my purpose." you agreed to stay knowing that there was no better way to use this new gift of yours. Worried that if you didn't start off on the right foot now, you may abuse your power. The world has enough badness in it without your contribution. Plus, you swore to yourself you would never allow yourself to go down a dark path.

"Then welcome to the team." Steve beamed, happy with your choice. He hoped that you would join. Not just because they needed more members to close up the gaps. But because he saw something in you. Something he admired. It was your strength to carry on. Knowing that you had a lot of potential. And that was just first impressions.

"What is your power anyway?" Sam asked, folding his arms. Interested to find out.

"Yeah, show us." Rhodey urged you on.

"Okay sure." you shrugged your shoulders and got up onto your feet. Everyone was looking on in suspension. Waiting for something to happen. You thought you would build up the tension.

And that's when you disappeared before their very eyes. Confused expressions on every single one of their faces. Wondering where you could have went. That's when you tapped Rhodey and Sam on the shoulders, reappearing behind them. Both of them jumping in unison.