Part eight

"Why is there something wrong?" you swallowed hard. Wondering if he knew about you and Steve. What else could it possibly be? You knew fine well what you got yourself into. Now you must face the consequences of your choices. It was never your intentions to hurt Bucky. Clearly you have.

"Really, you're going to stand there and pretend you don't know what I'm talking about?" his eyes flared as he spoke to you, the anger within him is evident. And you don't blame him. He has every right to be angry with you.

"Bucky... I never meant to hurt you." your voice shook as you spoke, trying to fight back the tears. Even though you had no right to be upset. It's the way he looked at you that got to you the most. He looked so wounded... so disappointed.

"You really made me believe that there was something between us. Something worth fighting for. From the moment I met you, I knew I was in love. You made me think you loved me too. More fool me." his voice also shook, as the tears gathered in his eyes. He shook his head and bit his bottom lip. Not knowing if he is more angry or upset. He just couldn't tell. What he did know is, he is hurt. Really hurt.

"I do love you..." you cried to him but he wouldn't take it. He wouldn't listen to these lies anymore.

"Then why did you sleep with my best friend?! Of all people!" he got up onto his feet and yelled in your face. The anger on his face petrified you. It caused your whole body to shake in response.

"I don't know... I'm so confused." you whimpered as you fell to your knees and cried into your hands. It is all too much for you to take. Wishing you could turn back time and fix things, make them right. You should have just stayed away from the two of them. Then none of this would have happened.

Bucky's breathing slowed back down, he now began to regret shouting at you the way he did. Although he isn't willing to forgive you for what you have done, he feels bad for just letting you cry on the floor like that. So he picked you up back onto your feet. You looked at him confused. It pained him to look you in the eye after knowing what you have done. What hurt the most is he feels the same way. He doesn't love you any less.

"Just tell me something... did I ever mean anything to you?" he asked you, his eyes now looking raw from the tears. But no sounds left his lips as he cried.

"Of course you mean so much to me. I've made a horrible mistake. I don't expect you to want anything to do with me after this. I understand. But I don't regret a thing with you... I'll go now." you sniffled, walking away from him. You would be doing him a favour, he didn't need someone like you in his life. Not after hurting him the way you did. If you really love someone, you would never do a thing to hurt them.

"Y/n wait..." he rushed over, stopping you from opening the door. As much as he is angry, his love for you pushed that aside for a moment. He placed his hand on your face and then kissed you with all he had. Just to remind you how much he really does love you. It surprised you that he even wanted to still be with you after everything.

"Bucky..." you looked him right in the eye once he pulled away from the kiss.

"You have to make a choice. It's either me or him. If you choose me I'll stay here. If you choose Steve, I'm going to have to leave. Because I don't think I could watch the two of you together. If you don't choose by the end of the week, I'll be gone. You'll never see me again." Bucky told you that he is not going to wait around forever, or be a part of this for much longer. Three is definetely a crowd. Although Steve is his friend, this would surely cause some tension.

"I will make a choice." you nodded, even though you still aren't quite sure who you want to be with. Your feelings were all mixed up. You would think about it long and hard, that's for sure. It's all in your hands now. Only you can decide what to do. All Bucky and Steve could do is hope you will pick them over the other.

After speaking with Bucky you left his room and made your way to your own. To have some time alone to think about everything. You never thought you would come between two best friends. Never wanting to be that kind of girl. Pulling the covers up to your face, just wanting to block the rest of the world out. This should be an easy decision. You should know deep down in your heart who you love. Because you can't love two people at once, how is that possible? But somehow you did love them both. You have spent so much time with Steve and Bucky that has made you feel for them in so many ways. They both had a hold on your heart. Which is why this is so difficult. But you knew you had to make a choice. Even Pietro thinks so. Time is running out, before you know it the week will pass you by. So it's time to really think about it.