Part seven

When you opened your eyes you remembered about what happened last night. How you slept with Steve. So much for just sharing the bed with him. It seemed like a good idea at the time- because it was in the heat of the moment- but now you're not so sure. You weren't aware that you even felt that way for Steve. Knowing you wouldn't have slept with him if you didn't feel something for him. And you are pretty sure the same applies to Steve.

Guilt is consuming you now, your thoughts returning to Bucky. How would he react if he found out about this? Not well, that's for sure. You are feeling guilty because you have feelings for Bucky. So you're not entirely sure why you had sex with Steve in the first place. What you do know, however, is that you have gotten yourself into a messy situation. It isn't possible to love two people at once... Or is it? Your mind didn't need this extra conflict thrown into the mix. But what's done, is done.

"Steve?" you spoke softly as you shook his shoulder to wake him. His eyes slowly opened and he had a smile on his face. It looks like he doesn't feel much regret about last night.

"Morning." he beamed as he turned to face you.

"Morning." you managed a slight smile.

You were feeling unsure about talking to Steve of lasts nights events. Because you didn't want to hurt his feelings. He rolled over onto his side and pressed a kiss on your cheek. You wondered what is going through his mind right now. How he is feeling.

Getting out from the bed you reached for your clothes. Pulling your t-shirt over your head and tugging on your jeans. Steve got out of the bed and changed into his clean clothes for today. He is starting to think you may be regretting your actions. And he wondered if it had anything to do with Bucky. He must admit, he does feel slightly guilty because he knows what you mean to his friend. But at the same time, he can't help how he feels. So he doesn't feel as guilty for acting upon them. However, he hoped that this wouldn't put a strain on your relationship with him.

Once you were both dressed you turned to face each other. Waiting for the other to say something first. You would think there would be a lot to talk about after last night. It was pretty intense. In fact the images of your bodies merging together appeared in your head. The way he made you feel last night was unbelievably good. There just had to be emotions involved for it to feel that way. Sex is meaningless otherwise. Steve stood in front of you, taking your hands in his.

"I just want you to know that I don't regret what happened between us last night. Or about how I feel for you. And that I understand if you don't want this to go any further. But at least you know how I feel." he admitted to you and he meant every word. Wanting to be straight forward with you. Now it's up to you to decide what you want.

"I'm not sure how I feel yet. But I do know that we shared a lot of intimacy last night. And I know you can't just feel that with just anyone. I just need time to think, Steve." you told him honestly. There's just so much going on in your life right now. You just needed a moment to catch up with it all. Not knowing quite what to do.

"I understand. But I'll wait as long as it takes." he went on to say, kissing you gently on the forehead. He understood and would give you time to think about it. Knowing you would have to make a choice; him or Bucky. You can't have both. And he would respect whatever decision you make.

Both you and Steve got your things together, ready to leave and return the Avengers Headquarters. Where you now truly belong. It is an emotional goodbye, your mother begging you to stay here. It felt like she is losing you all over again. You assured her this wouldn't be the last time she'd see you. Your father is more understanding, realising the bigger picture, that you have to go be a hero now. He is so proud of you for turning such a bad thing into something good. But he'd pray every single night for your safety.