Part three

You had fallen asleep whilst in Bucky's company, finally at peace with yourself. He was completely compelled by you. Still amazed at the kindness you had shown him. And when you told him he isn't a monster, he no longer believed that he was. It was just something about you and he couldn't quite put his thumb on it. When he looked at you his heart would swell inside his chest. For the short time that he has spent with you, it made him feel like it is the closest thing to being his old self. Feeling more human. He smiled to himself as you cuddled into one of the cushions on the sofa. Thinking you must be having the sweetest of dreams right now. He felt rather bad about letting you fall asleep on the sofa.

So he picked you up into his arms carefully, trying his best not to wake you. He was unsuccessful, noticing your eyes flickering open as he made his way towards the dorms. You looked up at his face, you must have fallen asleep. How rude of you! In a way he was glad you woke up yourself, he would have had to wake you to see which room was yours.

"Which room is yours?" he stopped in his tracks to ask you.

"The one around the left corner." you pointed with one hand, resting the other behind his neck. Still feeling half asleep. The sooner you got to your bed, the better. It's been a long day/night. Having no idea what time it actually is.

Bucky located your room, opening the door with his elbow. Not wanting to put you down quite yet. He wanted to carry you right to your bed, so he did just that. Placing you down carefully, handling you delicately. Scared that he might hurt you by accident. He couldn't seem to look away from your eyes. In fact he didn't even want to leave for some reason. Snapping himself out of his daze, he turned his back and made his way for the door.

"It was nice meeting you, Bucky." you told him before letting out a yawn, you sounded absolutely exhausted. He stopped in the middle of the room, looking over his shoulder giving you a nod.

"You too." he smiled before making his way out, closing the door over slowly. Just to catch one last glimpse of you, well until he saw you again.

After he shut the door, he leaned against it for a brief moment. Just to think a few things over in his mind. This is the most he has felt anything in the longest time. And it is all because of you. He never knew someone could make him feel so many things all at once. It's rather overwhelming actually. He rubbed his chin with his right hand thoughtfully. Now feeling like he was ready to get back out there. It was time to stop living in the past and live for the present. You made him realise that. In a way inspiring him, seeing you being so strong after everything that has happened to you, made him feel stronger himself. If you could do it, so could he.

-The next day-

Steve got up bright and early, ready to face the day ahead of him. While everyone was still asleep, he got through a full workout session. He even went for a jog himself. It was no trouble at all for Steve to get up so early, in fact he much preferred it. Not being able to sleep in, just didn't feel right to him. The sun was shining bright today as well, which affected his mood in a positive way.

When he entered the common room, everyone was now awake. Which he is glad to see. Especially seeing you, because your smile lit up the whole room. He took a seat beside you, a smile still on his face. Before he could say a word to you someone else caught his attention; Bucky.

Steve's mouth fell open, not believing his eyes. Was he dreaming? No he couldn't be. This was such a surprise, he never leaves his room when everyone else is around. The whole room fell silent as Bucky entered. He was clean shaven and he cut his own hair. Which looked amazing. Finally he felt good about himself again. Mainly because you helped him to see a new light at the end of the tunnel. Steve is still trying to figure out what changed him so.