Chapter Twenty Seven

Callan was just drifting off, he had an arm round Mike on his right and Dane was sleeping, spooned against his left, just like he had been fantasising about earlier, when he felt Mike stir. Oh my god, was he ready for another round already? Suddenly he was wide awake, hardening fast in anticipation. 

"I'm sorry, Ryan, but I think should go back to my room for the rest of the night." Mike spoke in a low voice. 

For a moment Ryan didn't understand. Mike was leaving? 

"Captain Spier could be in contact with me at any time tonight, and it's probably best if she doesn't find me here." He smiled apologetically. 

Callan was deeply disappointed, he had been so looking forward to spending the whole night together, all three of them in the big bed, not to mention some 'good morning' sex when they woke up, but he plastered a smile on his face and didn't protest. He just hoped that excuse was genuine, that Mike wasn't starting to regret what he already considered had been the most exciting night of his life. His head knew that this had almost certainly been a one off event, all three of them out of their usual environment. Not to mention the fact that they had all been through a roller coaster of emotions, what with the explosion, the kidnapping and the rescue, but ... his heart couldn't stop hoping for more. 

On the plus side, Mike reached over to kiss him before he got out of the bed and picked up his clothes. That was promising, wasn't it? He dressed quickly, but paused on his way out the door. "Do you two do this sort of thing often?" he asked in a carefully studied voice. 

Callan answered without thinking. "Only with you." He shut his mouth and finished the rest of the sentence in silence. "I hope." God, what a giveaway. Why didn't he just sit up and pant? He flushed as Mike broke into a knowing smile. 

"I'll see you in the morning."  

XXX 

Mike smiled all the way down the stairs to his hotel room. Ryan was sweet. He was really happy now he'd given in to the urge and accepted Dane's offer to join them. 

The smile broke into a grin. He had just had sex with, not one, but two hot men, at once. Dane and Ryan. He still couldn't quite believe it. He said it again, to himself inside his head. The whole episode had been so incredibly arousing, he suspected he wasn't going to forget a single second of it.  

Career-wise of course it probably hadn't been the wisest move, but at this moment he simply didn't care. He was sick of staying celibate to please the Patrol's antiquated guidelines, he'd finally had enough. He was an om, that wasn't going to change, and there was no point in pretending he was anything else. His personal life was his own business, surely. In fact if he'd been with two women, in all likelihood he would have got envious grins from the men he worked with. On the other hand, he wasn't going to shout about it, there was absolutely no reason for anyone else to know what he'd just been doing. 

XXX 

Captain Spier called him at 5:00am. "I thought you might like to know we've got a lead on the bombing." Since Governor Callan had been found safe and well, there was no valid reason for her to keep Lieutenant Oliver out of the investigation. 

"Yes Captain?" Mike answered, glad now that he had made the difficult decision to return to his room. 

"Forensics collected everything that was left in Room 301 and they've been scanning it thoroughly, piece by piece for evidence." 

"They found something?" 

"DNA," announced Captain Spier with satisfaction. "Just a trace, from an infinitesimal segment of hair, but enough for a warrant." She paused again. 

"Who?" asked Mike, unable to wait. Was she going to tell him or not? 

"A name that's come up before in this investigation, you'll be interested to hear. Cutter Levi, Mo Khan's right hand man. We're on our way to pick him up now," she added. "I'm not waiting for daylight." 

"I'm on my way. I'll meet you at the station," answered Mike. 

"I thought you might," Captain Spier had a smile of satisfaction in her voice as she ended the call. They finally had a solid lead to Mo Khan. She had a feeling this was only the beginning of her investigations. 

XXX 

Dane woke early and stretched carefully before he realised he was alone in the bed. He sat up and looked around but he couldn't see either Mike or Ryan. He could however hear the shower running. Had they stolen a march on him? Naked, he padded up to the bathroom door and peeked inside. No, it was just Ryan, alone in the shower, water running down his broad back, over his rather fine ass. Tempting as it was, Dane drew back silently.  

Damn. Mike must have gone back to his room sometime during the night. 

He went back to bed, half wondering whether he could persuade Ryan into some early morning delight when he came out of the shower. Although to be honest, the desire wasn't burning as brightly as it had been, no, to his considerable surprise he found he was thinking more about Mike Oliver. He lay on his back, his arms folded under his head, reliving the events of the previous evening. 

Callan came out of the bathroom, his white fluffy robe wrapped around his damp body. He saw Dane was awake, watching him with one raised eyebrow. 

"Mike went back to his room then?" he asked. 

"Yes. Last night." 

"Ah. No regrets?" 

"I can't answer for him, but believe me regret is the last thing I'm feeling!" Callan took his uniform out of the refresher unit. 

"Me neither." Dane paused, "Do you think he'd-," abruptly he changed what'd been about to say. "Do you think there's the slightest chance we could do that again, sometime?" 

Callan grinned, "God I hope so!" 

Dane returned the grin for a moment before asking a trifle anxiously, "Did he say why he wanted to leave?" 

"He said he was expecting to hear from Captain Spier about her investigations, sometime during the night and he wanted to be ready." Callan dropped the robe to the floor and began to pull on his AISS uniform which was the only item of clothing he had with him. "You realise of course, the dead man was never Chang? Chang was the messenger, the man in the red suit. The other man was a double, a decoy." 

"Ah. Of course. I wonder if he's told her?" Dane mused. 

"I doubt it. I'm sure she'll find out soon enough." 

"Can we go back to Asra today? Or do we have to stay in Kapunda? Perhaps we should book another night." Dane suggested, trying to keep a straight face. 

"I think we should definitely book another night. After all it's our duty to be available if Captain Spier has any further questions," Callan replied virtuously. 

Dane smiled his agreement, then said idly. "I wonder what Mike Oliver is doing tonight?"