Sane

I held my hand up. It looked gross. I rewrapped it. My body was so tired. Seth would sleep after I got Steve to sleep. I had a major headache. The front door opened and closed. Andrew, "can you tell me why your fucking car is at the hospital?!?!" I, "shhhhhhhhh. I just got Seth to sleep." He didn't even look tired. He looked well rested. Andrew, " answer my question now!" I, " I got hurt okay." I held my hand up. My eyes burned. Andrew, "I'm going to bed." He walked pass. My body felt so tired and weak. I picked up the living room. After I went to the babies room. They were both sleeping. I sat in the rocker. Tears slid down my cheeks. I didn't make a sound. The damn broke and my vision was hazy. I didn't wipe them. I just sat there trying to my sane self.

I, "I'm going back to work soon." Andrew, "why?" I, "I miss it. And I'm a teacher." Andrew, "who's going to watch the kids?" I, " your mom until I get a more stable daycare. We talked about this last week." Andrew, "whatever." He walked out of the kitchen. I continued to cook. Seth was in his swing in the living room. Steve was in his bouncer in the kitchen with me. I stirred the soup. I sang softly, "

I know you, I walked with you once upon a dream
I know you, the gleam in your eyes is so familiar a gleam
Yet I know it's true that visions are seldom all they seem
But if I know you, I know what you'll do
You'll love me at once, the way you did once upon a dream." Steve cooed. I smiled and continued, "
But if I know you, I know what you'll do
You'll love me at once
The way you did once upon a dream." I felt eyes on me. I knew he was watching. I sang the last few verses, "
I know you, I walked with you once upon a dream
I know you, the gleam in your eyes is so familiar a gleam
And I know it's true that visions are seldom all they seem
But if I know you, I know what you'll do
You'll love me at once, the way you did once upon a dream."
Andrew, "I love you." I hummed. I finished the soup. I, "dinner is ready." He looked a bit sad. I poured us both a bowl. We ate in silence.

Nic and Darren were. Playing with the twins. I was folding more laundry. Nic, "how did you decide you wanted to be a teacher?" I, "Bailey." Darren, "what did he do?" I, "he was hopeless at math." Nic, "so Y you tutor him and bam you found your calling." I, "no. He would praise how I was a natural at teaching someone math. So i thought why not become a math teacher." Darren, "that's so cool. I wish I could find my calling." I, "you will. Just give it some time." Andrew walked into the living room. He went straight up the stairs. I, "I'll be right back. Take care of my babies." I got up and followed andrew. He was in our room. I, "is something wrong?" Andrew, "I really hate how you found your passion." I, "why?" Andrew, "because he helped you and I didn't." I, "oh." I looked down. I, "you were good at everything Andrew. Me I was just smart when it came to math. You save lives. I give kids stress. I think you win this one." He smiled. I, "now I left two children to look after the boys. I gotta get back." He nod. I left.

I, "I leave for 5 minutes and you two do this." There sat Darren and nic covered in baby powder. Darren, "it wouldn't open?" Nic, "sorry?" I, "you two get cleaned up now. I'll fix this." They got up and ran to the bathroom. I changed the twins and cleaned them up as well.