Flower

I got dressed in light pink blouse and dark blue jeans with some converse.  I had the locket in my pocket. My hair was tied up in ponytail. I left my room and went to the living room. Andrew was placing Seth into the swing. Steven was on the playmate cooing away. "I'll be back before dinner. I'll call if I am going to be late." I grabbed my purse and keys. He got up and walked over to me, "you can do this. You'll be fine." He kissed the crown of my head. I smiled and opened the front door.  

I pulled into the shopping center parking lot. I was meeting Brayden here. I felt nervous, I have pushed that time far away and locked it up to never think about it again. I saw Brayden's car pull up. I got out and went over to his car. I got in. "Hopefully she is sane today." He seemed tired. I just nodded well putting my seat belt on.

We pulled into the parking lot for the place. Brayden looked over to me, "we are just going in to see Alice." I smiled and opened my door.   He followed suit. We got out and went towards the building. I could have ended up here if I let my mother win.
We gave them all our personal items. I turned my phone off and handed it over. After everything was settled a nurse came out. "I'll take you to her. Just follow me." She motioned for us to follow her. We went passed many rooms. The nurse stopped and turned around. "Alice is in her room. She has taken her meds." We both nodded. She left us to handle other patients. I took a deep breath and brayden went in first.

She sat in front the her window. We walked closer. Brayden cleared his throat. Alice turned to look at us. You could see no light in her eyes. My heart broke a little. "Ali, I bought a friend." She stared at me, like she was trying to figure out who I was. I calmly stepped forward, "I don't know if you remember me buy I'm Indira. We met a long time ago." I sat down by her. "Flowers grow back even, After you step on them. I gulped, "So will I." Her voice was weak, like she barely talked. "you use to say that all the time, to anyone who would listen." Her hands were shaking. My vision blurred with tears. "I've blocked those few months, since i got back. I didn't want it to consume me." I looked away from her. She touched the top of my hand, "You were one of the strong ones. I envied you. I let them ruin me!" i grabbed her hand, "No! you didn't. That place was pure evil. They broke so many rules and hurt so many people. I can't even talk about it." She gave me a weary smile. She look back out to the yard. She seem to be lost in her thoughts. i looked back at Brayden. His eyes were filled with sadness. "I'm a teacher, And one of the greatest feeling in the world is helping my students. Being able to be there and help them as much as i can, makes my life better. I don't want them to ever go through what we went through. They should be able to live a life where they can be happy, sad, angry, or any other emotion without being judged." She looked over to me, she had tears in her eyes. she sobbed, "everyone deserves to show emotions without judgement of being extreme." I hugged her tightly. She hugged me back. No one should go through this, like Alice has.