Chapter 12

Chapter 12

After the final bell finally rang, I walked back over to my dorm room, looking forwards to the girl’s night that Laurane and I were planning on having. The rest of my classes had sucked, as usual, and I was really glad that I wasn’t going to have to deal with them again for the rest of the night. They could all wait until tomorrow, even my homework.

I walked into our room and saw that Laurane wasn’t there yet. No biggie, she had probably stayed after class to see if there was any way to get her A’s up to A+’s.

I sat down on my bed and grabbed a magazine, making sure before I read it that there weren’t any pictures of rabbits in this one.

There wasn’t, thankfully, so I read it, bidding away my time while I waited for Laurane to get back. About half an hour later, while I was in the middle of reading my horoscope – it was looking pretty positive, Laurane walked into the room.

“Hey there,” she said, grabbing a water bottle out of our mini fridge, “What’s up?”

I looked up at her and saw that she was carrying a plastic bag.

“There isn’t an angry elf in that bag, is there?” I asked, thoroughly enjoying the look of confusion that was spreading across Laurane’s face.

“No,” she said slowly, “why in the world would there be one?”

I shrugged and said casually, “My horoscope says that I should stay away from things that stress me out.”

Laurane gave me a very weird look, but she didn’t say anything. She only shook her head as if she was now sorry that she had even asked.

“Then what’s in the bag?” I asked, sitting criss-cross, actually curious now.

Laurane tossed the bag over to me so I could see for myself, but she should have known better. It was common knowledge that I was a huge klutz, and Laurane knew that better than anyone.

The bag landed on the bed, and the contents spilled out, revealing what they were.

“Chunky Monkey ice cream, Doritos, Pepsi, and The Hangover,” I said as I studied them, “Good choice.”

Laurane smiled and said “Well, I figured that we would need some stuff for tonight.”

I nodded, glad that she had thought about that – I certainly hadn’t.

“You were right,” I said, smiling, “otherwise we would have spent the night drinking water and watching TV, which isn’t nearly as fun as pigging out and watching drunk guys party in Vegas.”

That made Laurane laugh, which made me happy. She didn’t laugh as nearly as much as she should.