Chapter 19

Chapter 19

I stormed out of my class as soon as that final bell rang. Thank God that school was over for the next week: It was now officially Spring Break.

I was pissed off, but not at anyone in particular. I was just pissed that I didn’t get a chance to talk to Jesse today. It seemed like he was purposely going out of his way to avoid me, which was actually probably exactly what he was doing.

I didn’t blame him, really. Jesse probably thought that I was going to yell at him the first chance I got, and he would be right.

I hadn’t seen Aaron all day either, which dampened my mood even more. I had texted him, though, and we were planning on hanging out in my room while Jesse was on her date with Jesse.

I walked towards my room, but halfway there I decided to just hang out on campus for a while.

After all, it was the first day of Spring Break, and I didn’t want to be holed up in my room the entire time. Besides, it was a really nice day outside today, too.

I sat down under an oak tree and pulled a book out of my backpack. The book that I was reading was The Outsiders, a book that I had read multiple times, and I loved it to no end.

I started reading it, and I had just gotten to the point where Ponyboy and Johnny were saving the kids from the burning church, when someone wearing pink converse walked up to me and stood in front of me.

I looked up at whomever it was that had decided to interrupt my reading, and I saw that it was the one person who I really didn’t want to see right now – or ever, for that matter.

It was Carly.

“What do you want?” I asked, not bothering to get up. With any luck, I would be able to get rid of her pretty soon.

Of course though, I had no suck luck. Carly didn’t seem to have any intention of leaving me alone, unfortunately.

“You know what I want,” Carly said, crossing her arms in front of her chest and looking down at me.

When I didn’t say anything, she made a face and continued speaking.

“I want you to stay away from Aaron,” she explained in a bitchy tone of voice.

Wow, this again? I thought that I would have been done interacting with Carly over this issue by now, but I guessed not.

“Listen up, and listen close,” I said defiantly, standing up, “I don’t know what your problem is, but you're going to have to get a reality check right about now. Aaron and you have absolutely nothing together. You might have a long time ago, but it’s over. He’s mine, not yours. Understand, little girl?”

That shut Carly up. She just glared at me, lips pursed, arms crossed. Then Carly apparently found some courage and spoke again.