Chapter 26

Chapter 26

Holy shit.

It took a minute for me to fully realize why Jesse was standing in the middle of my room half naked, but when I saw Laurane walk out of the bathroom in a pair of sweats and a sports bra, with a definite case of sex hair and smudged makeup, it all made sense.

When I put all of this together, it made me realize something that I wish I could forget – forever, preferably.

Laurane had slept with Jesse.

“Um, hey there,” Laurane said when she notice me, her eyes widening.

Jesse didn’t say anything. Instead, he just stood there, looking back and forth from Laurane to I with a worried look on his face.

Busted.

I, on the other hand, had plenty to say.

“Jesse, put your clothes on and get out,” I said in a surprisingly calm tone of voice, “and Laurane, put on a shirt.”

I gave Jesse a look that managed to send him walking out the door carrying his shirt and his shoes.

“Bye Laurane,” he said as he left, “I’ll see you later.”

I slammed the door harshly behind him and said, “like hell you will.”

Now that Jesse was gone, I turned my attention to Laurane.

“Well,” I said, “we have a lot to talk about.”

Laurane nodded, her eyes staring me down.

“Yes,” she agreed coldly, “we certainly do.”

The way she said that made me think that Laurane had some more things to discuss than just explaining about Jesse and her.

I felt a cold chill run down my back, and I realized that Jesse was one of the only people who actually knew the truth about Aaron and I.

Shit.

Refusing to lose my cool, I sat down on my bed while Laurane paced back and forth, pulling a t-shirt over her head.

After a few moment of silence she sat down on her own bed, crossing her arms and staring at me.

“I see that you and Jesse have gotten pretty…close,” I said sarcastically.

I expected for Laurane to make a smart-ass comment, or to maybe even try to deny that anything had happened between the two of them, but she didn’t. She didn’t even bother to try to explain what had happened.

Instead, she glared at me and said, “no more than you and Aaron have, from what I hear.”