Chapter 8: Recovery

Disclaimer: everything besides Beverly and her family belong to Voltage inc. And Be my princess 2 game.

&);)&&))

The medical practitioner had been using traditional medications to heal Beverly. She had to eat three meals a day. Each component on the plate had medicinal properties. The taste wasn't very good for her.

She would only have a few spoonfuls until she said that she was done. She wasn't in the mood to eat anything. The medical practitioner forced her to eat and take pills that were flavored to her liking. She tried to force herself to get well.

Ivan had been dealing with the lady who poisoned Beverly. She didn't answer any of the the investigators questions. They tried to threaten her. She didn't say a word. She didn't say who her boss was or anything.

One week later......

I was on the bed on my side. The medical practitioner had been messaging me for twelve hours. I had no idea why he was massaging me. I wouldn't be surprised if he gave me bruises. I wasn't able to sleep through the massage.

After a while, I felt him stop. "Sit up please," I heard him say. One of the lady in waitings helped me sit up from the bed. I rest by back against the headboard with a pillow behind me to cushion my back. "Open your eyes," he told me.

I opened my eyes very slowly. I didn't see pitch black. I started to see shades of color. I blinked a coupe of times. I started to see shapes and features. Someone was in front of me. After a while, my vision became clear.

"Alix," I said in some disbelief. I could see tears in her eyes. "Are you able to see me clearly. My lady?" she asked me. I gave her a nod. "Oh thank God," she said in relief. I looked at the medical practitioner.

"Thank you," I said to him. He gave me a nod. He seemed wise. "I'm going to go to his royal highness and tell him the news. I'll be right back," Alix told me and walked out of the room. The medical practitioner followed her out.

I felt so much relief. I was able to see again.

Creak...

I turned my head to see Snieg coming up to me with her tail wagging happily. I gave her a smile. "Hi Snieg. I patted on the space next to me on the bed. She jumped on my bed and licked me before she settled down next to me.

I petted her fur. "Thank you for worrying about me. She panted happily. I heard footsteps coming. I turned my head to the door to see Ivan. He stopped at the door to look at me. I could see shock, surprise, disbelief, and relief.

I gave him a small smile. "Ivan," I called out to him. He walked up to me and embraced me in his arms. I felt him shaking a bit. It felt good to be in his arms. "Beverly," I heard him say my name. I patted him on the back.

He pulled away from me to look at me closely. "I'm so happy that you can see," he said to me. I gave him a nod. We turned our attention to the medical practitioner. "Thank you," Ivan told him. "It was a pleasure," the medical practitioner said to him.

He told him that I was still recovering. I would need to continue with my medications for a week and to stay in bed for at least two weeks. Afterwards, I need physical and mental therapy to become normal again.

After telling us my treatment, he walked out of the room to give us privacy. Everyone left the room except Ivan. Ivan sat down on the bed facing me. He caressed my cheek. "I'm so glad that you are getting better," he told me.

I held his hand against my cheek. "I"m so sorry for worrying you," I apologized to him. He shook his head. "It's my job as your fiancee. I would do anything to see you healthy again," he told me. I gave him a nod.

He had me lay down on the bed. "Get some rest. I'll have someone bring our dinner here so that we can eat together tonight," he told me. "That would be nice," I told him. He kissed me on the forehead and left the room.

Snieg laid her head on my leg. I closed my eyes and fell into a deep sleep.

Dinner time....

A table was set in the room. Ivan had braised beef while I had food that was prescribed by the medical practitioner. I made sure to eat everything even though I became full after a few bites. Snieg and Urey were right next to us.

I set my fork down. "I"m done," I said to Ivan. He gave me a nod. I quietly watch Ivan finish his meal. He looked very relieved that I was getting better. I was happy to see his face. After a few minutes, he was done.

He got up from his seat and walked over to me. He took my hand and pulled me up. He didn't say anything. He led me out of me room and to his room. Snieg and Urey followed us. Once in his room, he had me sit on his bed. Snieg and Urey sat at their usual spot in the room.

"Stay with me tonight," he told me.

I gave him a nod. It had been a long time since I had spent time with him alone. After a while, he had my lady in waiting get me fresh night gown. Once I got my night gown on, I made my way to the bed. Ivan had already dressed himself with his night gown.

He opened the covers and I settled myself next to him. "You don't have to work tonight?" I asked him. I didn't want him to be behind on his work. He shook his head. "Even if I did had work, I would put them on hold for tonight," he told me.

I gave him a nod. We laid down and pulled the covers over us. He held me close to him. "Good night," I told him. "Good night," he told me. I drifted off to sleep right after.

Two hours later.....

Normal point of view....

Mikhail made his way to Prince Ivan's room. He had news for him about the lady. It was urgent. He knocked on the door. Instantly, he heard two barks. He knew that they were from Snieg and Urey. They never liked him.

He opened the door slowly to see Prince Ivan and Beverly in the bed. Prince Ivan opened his eyes when he saw light coming from the door. "Whose there?" he asked quietly enough that his voice didn't disturb Beverly. She needed her rest.

"Mikhail," Mikhail responded to him. "I have told the staff to not bother us," Prince Ivan reminded him. He was not to be disturbed tonight. "I know that sir. I'm very sorry sir but, I have brought urgent news about the lady in the phone. You are needed in your office," he told him.

Prince Ivan looked down at Beverly who was peacefully sleeping. He didn't want to leave her but, he was needed urgently in his office. He wanted to know about he lady who tried to kill his fiancee. He kissed her not he forehead and made his way out of the room quietly.

Once in his room, he picked up the phone. "Hello. This is Prince Ivan," he said. He was really in a bad mood. He listened very carefully. He was talking to a warden at the prison. The lady had finally confessed about her motive.

"I see," he said out loud. The conversation went on for two hours.