Chapter 9: Arrest Made

Disclaimer: everything besides Beverly and her family belong to Voltage inc. And Be my princess 2 game.

Ending next.

&);)&&))

Beverly's point of view....

I woke up to see Ivan's eyes. I gave him a smile. "Morning," I said to him. He brought me closer to him. "Morning," he said to me. I saw bags under his eyes a bit. "Did you sleep?" I asked him with concern.

He gave me a nod. "Yes. I had some business to attend to earlier," he told me. "What business?" I asked him. "I'll tell you soon. I promise," he told me. I gave him a nod. We got out of the bed and washed up for breakfast.

Few hours later........

I was in my room reading when my lady in waiting Alix came into the room with some tea. "My lady. You should be resting," she told me as she set my cup onto the desk. "I'm bored. I don't have anything to do during my recovery," I told her.

I thought of an idea. "Is Ivan in his office?" I asked her. "Yes. His Royal Highness is in his office working ma'am," she said to me. I got up from my desk with my teacup and proceeded out of my room.

"Where are you going?" she asked me. "To Ivan's office," I told her. I made my way to his office. Once his office, I opened the door to see him and Mikhail at work. {They must be busy.} I knocked to get their attention.

Ivan looked up at me "Beverly," he said my name. "Can I stay here? I'm bored," I told him. He gave me a small smile and gestured me over. Mikhail got a chair for me so that I could sit next to Ivan. I sat down in my chair.

"What are you working on?" I asked him. He set his pen down on the table. I was working on a policy for our borders and entry into the kingdom," he told me. I gave him a nod. He moved his papers towards me.

I looked up at him. "You should read this too," he told me. {He wants me involved?} "I would have thought this should be something that a woman shouldn't be involved in," I said to him. "It is. But, I want you to look at it too," he told me.

I took the papers and carefully read them.

Knock...Knock.....

I looked at the door. Mikhail walked over to the door to open it. A man was standing there. "Sergei Levitsky. Head Investigator. I'm here to talk to His Royal Highness," I heard. "Let him through," Ivan told Mikhail.

Mikhail moved aside and Sergei walked into the room. Ivan and I stood up from our seats. Sergei bowed to Ivan. "Your Royal Highness," I heard him say. "Welcome," Ivan told him. Sergei looked at me.

"My lady. It is great to see you becoming well," he said to me and gave me a bow. "It's nice of you to say," I said to him. "So have you bring more information about the lady and her ties to the Prime Minister?" I van asked him.

I looked at Ivan. "The Prime Minister was behind everything?" I asked him. Ivan gave me a nod. We sat down in our seat and talked about the connection between the Prime Minister and the lady. There were many thoughts coming into my mind.

It turned out that Sofia Kozar was paying the Prime Minister. Also, the Prime Minister had alway tried to be close to the royal family. He wanted his daughter Polina to marry Ivan for a very long time. When he heard about Ivan's engagement to me, the Prime Minister wanted to try to get rid of me.

He turned to Sofia for help. "Does Polina know about her father's motive?" I asked the investigator. "I assume that she does to a certain extent. We are planning to make an arrest soon once we find enough evidence to tie them to Sofia Kozar," he told us.

"Thank you for informing us with the information. I hope the investigation will end soon," Ivan told him. "Indeed," the investigator told us. He got up and gave us a bow before leaving the room. "I knew that the Prime Minister couldn't be trusted," I told him.

"Yes," Ivan said. He looked down at me with soft eyes. "I'm glad that you are okay," he told me. I gave him a nod. "I'm glad too," I told him. He gave me a smile. We continued our discussion about the border of the kingdom.

Two weeks later......

I was in my room resting and watching the television. The Prime Minister and his daughter were arrested after enough evidence was found. Ivan and the investigator were having a conference live at the fortress.

The Investigator walked up to the Podium. "The Prime Minister and his daughter will be charged with attempted murder against Lady Beverly Melrone, conspiracy against the crown, bribery, and other accounts involving endangerment of the people and to the kingdom of Sanct Sybil," he told everyone.

The findings were very surprising. The Prime Minister had been doing some bad stuff over the past thirty years. He had bought his way to being a Prime Minister for a very long time. He abused his power as Prime Minister.

Soon, Ivan walked up to the podium. "I'm sure that everyone here has been concerned about the health of Beverly Melrone. As of today, she had been cleared and in good health as she had recovered from arsenic poisoning," Ivan told the press.

Soon, the conference was over and the press was allowed to ask questions. "James Krum from Royal life. When will Beverly Melrone make an appearance to the public?" he asked him. Usually, Ivan didn't answer personal questions.

He gave a small smile. "I will have to say very soon," Ivan told him. After a few questions, Ivan walked off the podium.

I made my way out of the room with Urey and Snieg. Soon, I found Ivan and Mikhail walking down the hallway towards me. I run up to him and gave him a hug. "You did great," I told him. He gave me a peck on the lips.

"Thank you," he told me.

He turned to Mikhail. "I would like tea to be brought to my room," he told him. "Yes. Your Royal Highness," Mihail said and walked away. Ivan took my hand and led me to his room. Once inside, we sat on the couch.

"We will announce our engagement soon. Most likely, at my father's birthday ball," he told me .I gave him a nod.

Soon, I'll be officially known as his fiancee.