V

After showering, I brushed my teeth and got dressed.
I went back to my room and sat down on my bed next to Nady. We agreed to go to a little café in another part of the city. There we had a very little chance to be seen by someone we knew. What we both were afraid of since we skipped school.

We took the bus and arrived at the café 10 or 15 minutes later.

The café was almost empty since most people were working right now. And the people that were here were pensioners.

We decided to sit down in a small corner where we were a little bit isolated from the others.
I opened one of the menus and looked through it.

"What do you want to eat?" I asked Nady.

"I don't know, most likely just a pancake and a hot chocolate."

"Yeah, me too." I answered. She smiled and I had to smile, too.

After a while a waitress came to our table.

"Good morning. What can I bring you two?" she asked and looked at us.

We ordered and the waitress wrote it down on her paper.

"Okay. Your order will be ready in just five minutes." She smiled.

We thanked her and she walked away.

Nady leaned to me and whispered "I feel like a criminal." I had to laugh, she was just too cute.

"Don't worry, we're not the only ones skipping school. And it's just a one-time thing." I said.

"Did you see how the waitress eyed us? She knows we're skipping."

"So what? She can't do anything."

"I guess, you're right."

"What do you want to do, after we ate our breakfast?" I asked her.

She grinned cutely and looked sheepishly. "I'd say we go to the beach, like you suggested, but it's just too close to the school."

I laughed. "Yeah, you are right. I don't want to get caught either."

She smiled. "How about a walk home? I don't think there will be anyone we know on the way." I laughed, once again. "Yes, okay." I agreed.

"Then it's settled!" She replied, smiling.

We talked a little bit more while waiting for our food. And I was glad that the mood was okay again. It wasn't awkward because of our 'fight'. It was good. We had a good time, we joked and laughed together, and I was very glad about it.

After a few minutes the same waitress came back, this time she brought our pancakes and milks along.

Now I saw what Nady meant when she told me the waitress was eyeing us.

She placed the food in front of us and wished us a good meal. We thanked her and she smiled.

"Shouldn't you be at school?" she asked then. I looked to Nady. Her face was panicked and red. I looked back to the waitress.

"No, actually our school gave us a day off today." I smiled like telling the truth. But my heart was pounding like mad.

"Oh, okay!" she said and sounded surprised. I was relieved. She seemed to believe me. Then she wished us a good meal again and left.

I looked to Nady. "Are you okay?" I asked to make sure.

She nodded. "Yes. Thank you. I thought she caught us."

I laughed nervously "Me too." I admitted.

We ate and talked again. When we finished Nady excused herself and went to the bathroom. I used this time and checked my phone.

Chloe messaged me. [Where are you, Yass?]

I quickly texted back. [I'm sorry. Nady wanted to spend more time with me, so we're skipping. Don't tell anyone. Just say I'm ill or something. Same goes for Nady.]

No ten seconds passed until Chloe replied. I laughed silently. She is a little bit addicted to her phone.

[Woah? Skipping? I won't tell. BUT you have to tell Nady how you feel in return.]

I got nervous just thinking about it. [No, Chloe. That really is no option. I just have her back and I'm content like this. I don't see why I should risk what we have.] I hope I made a point there.

I didn't get an answer for a minute and I already thought I made her change her mind, but suddenly I received a rather long message from her. I sighed and read it.

[Come on, Yasmin. I know you want Nady to be your girlfriend. Am I right? Yes I am. You are in love with her. This is so damn obvious. I knew this way before I asked you yesterday. And it won't take Nady long to realize it because you are staring at her the WHOLE time you are with her. It's almost creepy. And it won't take long for you to be unhappy because you two are just friends. When you are in love you don't WANT to be with the one you love, you NEED it. Right now you may be happy because you are friends. But the moment you're over your little fight you will desire more. And you will behave weirdly around her. And you will most likely hurt the both of you in process. SO JUST TELL HER YOUR FEELINGS. She would be a shitty friend if she doesn't want to be friends with you then, anyways. This is the ultimate proof to see if she's a real friend. And you don't want to be her friend if she just plays you, right? Of course right, because that would hurt you one way or another. So, tell her. You have nothing to lose, except a fake friendship you don't want to have. But you have so much more to win. You could be her girlfriend. You two could be in love. Or you could have the certainly what you have in her. This is SO worth it!]

I was dumbfounded. It seemed like it was really important for Chloe that I told Nady the truth. I wondered why. But it was nice of her that she cared so much.

I put my phone away without answering her because I saw Nady walking back to our booth. But I honestly didn't know what I should have replied so it didn't matter anyway.

Chloe's arguments were convincing, but I couldn't really tell Nady how I feel, could I? Like I told Chloe, I didn't see why I should risk the beautiful friendship Nady and I had.

But a part of me was discontent like this, with just being Nady's best friend. I truly wanted to be her girlfriend. The only way to get there was by confessing my feelings.

Chloe scared me a bit with saying that I will be more unhappy and that I will hurt Nady and myself therefore. I mean, it makes sense. And she was also right that I didn't want a fake friendship and that it was one in case Nady didn't accept the fact I was in love with her.
A friend, and especially such a close friend as Nady, should support me no matter what. I would support her too, if our situation was the other way around and Nady was the one being in love with me. I mean, it just says that you care a lot. That can't be wrong. So when Nady didn't support the fact I love her, she couldn't be a real friend. And then I wouldn't want our friendship anyway.

So, Chloe was right. I had nothing to lose.

But still... I didn't see myself ready for such a confession. But with Chloe's arguments it was truly worth to think about it.

As Nady reached the table she sat down and smiled at me.

Suddenly I was aware of what I just thought about. I really considered telling Nady I'm in love with her! My heart started to beat a bit faster now that she sat in front of me. This made the whole possible confession a lot more real.

I had the knowledge that it may wasn't so far away then I thought only 10 minutes ago and it made me nervous.

I forced myself to smile back.

"Shall we pay and then head back to your house?" Nady asked. She talked like nothing changed. And she was right. Nothing changed. At least for her.

She was calm and seemed content. I, on the other hand, my mind worked non-stop. But I have to say that it made me happy seeing her happy. The nervous feeling in my stomach outweighed, though.

I cleared my throat. "Yes okay."

I took out my wallet and signalized the waitress that we wanted to pay.