Aqua-Cola

--Capable's POV--

Even the slightest of bumps in the uneven road sent Blade and Nux into a series of pained groans.  They were still unconscious but somehow they were still able to let us know how much pain they were really in. Every time one of the blood curdling groans would leave their mouths me and Toast were in charge of getting them back to silence. Although we had killed two lords of the wasteland there were still many clans out to get us. The Canyon Riders were just one of the many possibilities. The pass was just 10 minutes away from the Citedal so we were back in no time.

We had told the wretched about our plan to get them back so everyone very well knew what it meant when we came back with smiles on our faces. Toast and I had smiles on our faces, Furiosa's face was as serious as ever. Some cheers erupted from the crowd but most were focused on the ever flowing water rushing out of the stone walls of the Citedal. Since we had taken the Citedal the water had been constantly running. We would have to turn it off fairly soon but for now, our people were very much so enjoying it. As soon as we had entered the Citedal a crowd of war boys had gathered around the large giga horse trying to get a glimpse of Nux or Blade.

From the few stories I had heard about Blade I had learned that she tried to hide her emotions from the other war boys as much as possible. No matter how severe she kept on a strong face. It would kill her to know that the boys saw her this way. Nux however didn't have much to hide. The war boys knew him and respected him for the most part. He was usually in a state where he was in pain, but he didn't care and neither did the war boys. "Listen up!" Furiosa shouted at the raging war boys. "All of you get back to work! You will hear news on Blade and Nux in time!" And with a frustrated sigh from most of the war boys, they slowly faded away and went back to their business.

Furiosa quickly hopped from the giga horse with Nux slung over her shoulder. I followed suit and slowly slung Blade over my shoulder before toast had a chance to. I don't want her taking care of my best friend. Even if she does think they have some weird connection. With a huff of annoyance toast followed close behind me and Furiosa.

Blade was fairly light for her age, however old she was anyways. Maybe 19? But I got very tired very fast, I wasn't very athletic seeing as how I was kept in a vault most of my life. "I can take her." Toast piped up from behind me. She was only trying to help and I understood that. But for the short time I was with Blade as children, she became my family. I shook my head and made it very noticeable that I had sped up, I was clearly running out of breath and my legs had considerably weakened, it was only a matter of time before she asked again. A few of the war boys had left their work stations and were following alongside us. Once we reached the exit of the blackthumbs cave the boys started crowding around the exit, well knowing they weren't supposed to be following us.

After walking for another painful five minutes we arrived at the vault. I sighed with relief and rushed over to the beds separated from the rest of the room. I gently slid Blade off of my shoulder and Onto the mattress. "I'll go get the Dag." Toast said and rushed off. I nodded and looked down at blades mangled, broken body. Her bottom lip was cut open, she had a series of gashed littering her whole body and she definitely had a few broken bones. Furiosa had left as soon as she lied Nux down on the bed, she must've left to tell the war boys what was going on.

The Dag hobbled in as fast as her growing belly would let her, toast hot on her trail. Ever since we had gotten back here she had been studying medicine to become the next organic mechanic. The war boys already liked her more than him, she bent down beside Blade and looked over her body. Then she went over to Nux and examined him. "Toast, Capable. Go get me some Aqua-Cola."