Running

It had been quite a while since it had all happened, the attacks, the war fighter trainees, all of it. I was standing in front of my battered work bench staring down at a broken head piece I had found in the vault. I shouldn't have taken it but I couldn't ignore it...  It was so intricate and detailed. The deep curved lines embedded into the metal of the skull was so eye catching... It was to plain for what Furiosa had given me as a car for the time being but that's why I was standing here, ignoring the commotion of the boys around me. I picked up the little skull and a white piece of battered fabric dropped out from the bottom. I slowly picked up the little sheet of paper and unfolded it, seeing a quickly and messily written note on it. BLADE was written in all caps in the corner of the sheet.. "I can only assume someone as perceptive as yourself would find this object. We're watching you blade. Every time you go and see your little friend we're right there. We know all of your weak spots, all of the things you couldn't bear life without. If you don't surrender the Citedal to us we will attack again. And your little lover boy  will be the first to die." I choked back the awful sounding sobs that were slowly crawling up from my throat and dropped the note back on the bench. I had to get out of here. It wasn't just me they were targeting but without me the control over the wretched and the war boys would crumble and they wouldn't know what to do... Then again if I just left it wouldn't help much either... But I can't stay, I'm putting the Citedal at risk just by breathing... I need to get out of here. Now.

----

I quickly ran through the halls of the Citedal dodging the war pups and war boys walking and chatting. I was leaving the Citedal but I couldn't leave alone. If I left they would kill Nux... He needed to come with me. Even if he didn't want to I'd have to find a way to convince him. It's a choice between possible life and definite death, I don't see why it would be hard to leave this place. I walked out in to the empty cavern we usually use for fight training and saw Nux lying on the floor with young war pups tackling him. I smiled at the sight but the smile on my face disappeared as quickly as it came. I walked over to Nux and stood above him looking down. "Nux? Can I please talk to you?" He quickly nodded and pushed away from the war pups who moaned in disappointment. "Don't worry, I'll be back!" He said flashing a toothy grin at the boys. They all giggled and ran off to watch Furiosa train some of the girls across the cavern. I grabbed Nux by the wrist and brought him over to the corner of the cave. "Nux we need to go." I said, the sense of urgency evident in my voice. "What do you mean? I can't go now, I'm training with the boys..."
"No Nux I don't mean temporarily leave this cave. We need to leave the Citedal, very soon." He shook his head and held up his hand to stop me from talking.

"Blade what's gotten into you?" I sighed loudly and closed my eyes. "Nux there are people here, people undercover to kill us. And they want you." His eyes widened and he shook his head even more. "Are you sure? How do you know?"

"I found a note from someone. Nux I'm not joking we need to be gone by tonight or they'll kill even more people. I don't know if us leaving will fix the problem but it seems like it's our best option here." I paused and wiped a few tears that were threatening to fall from my eyes. "Nux we're nothing but a danger to the Citedal." He didn't respond. He just grabbed my hand and pulled me out of the cave and back towards the black thumbs cave. "Do you need anything before we leave?" He asked stopping and turning to me. I shook my head and he continued off down the cave. I jogged to catch up to him and soon we were in the black thumbs cave, among all of the hollering war boys. He quickly slid into his car, which we had found from the dust storm wreckage in no time and repaired. I sat next to him in the passenger seat we had found among the wreckage of the other cars. "You have food?" I looked around at the back of the his buggie. "Yeah, it's under the seats in an emergency kit, we're good." He started the engine and it roared to life, catching the attention of all the boys in the cave. We weren't supposed to leave the Citedal unless it was by direct orders...  But since I was closer to Furiosa than anyone else in the Citedal so no one tried to stop us. Nux pulled out and avoided all of the staring boys who slowly and hesitantly cleared a path for us.
"Do you know any place where we can stay for the time being?" Nux nodded his head. "Yeah, I know of a few. Let's just hope they're still as empty as they were last time I was there."