We are Full Life

"Blade! Blade Wake up!" Before i had a chance to react i felt something lightly jab against my arm. i let out a struggled groan and slowly cracked my sleep crusted eyes open. "Nux... For the love of ValHalla..." i slowly moved my head so i was looking at Nux, He had a scared expression on his face and he was even paler than usual... "Nux..." he shook his head and his eyes widened in shock. "Blade he's here! He's not dead... He's here!" i shook my head and squinted my eyes a the trembling figure before me. "nux..who-"

"Immortan!" my body stiffened at the rushed response but quickly relaxed at the memories of that day came flooding back. I stabbed Immortan clean in the chest before Furiosa tore the mans mouth straight from his head. "Nux... That's not possible." i closed my eyes and tried falling back asleep but the staggered breathing of Nux was ringing at the back of my head. He seems very rattled about this whole thing... But there really is no way Immortan could be alive, let alone inside the Citedal. It had to have been one of those dreadful night fevers...

I have had a few too but i calmed myself down before the morbid horrors consumed me to my core. Nux was a different story... He was still a child trapped in a mans body. Not only that but the growing concern he faced of his own mortality kept him awake at night. He thought he only had a few good years left before he became trapped in his own body.. He thought he was a half life and that above all else is what would steal Nux away from me yet again. Not the Night fevers, Not the immaturity, His constant need to impress those around him, Not even being a half life would take him away from me... But the fact that he accepts being half life as his fate... He'll become just another war boy yet again... Constantly begging for the imperators admiration until he dies in another tragic battle and at this point we all knew that was going to be the fate of the war boy population. Bullet farm attacked once and they will do it again.. And when they do we might not be ready, they'll go for the pups, the injured, and the empowered.

But Nux won't let that happen to me or Furiosa, and thats what im scared of, Nux will be gone and for what? So he could half one more good year instead of ten more good years? "Nux." I snapped my head towards him just as he had started steadying his breath. he hummed in response and stared at me, eyebrows raised, lips parted. "Nux, Immortan is dead and you will be fine... you are full life. You are meant to have a higher purpose than fighting until you're bludgeoned to death by a crazed bullet farmer. We are strong and we will survive." Instead of responding Nux shuffled quickly from his spot on his cot over to mine. I Slowly moved over to the wall making sure to watch my leg while Nux lifted both of his onto the cushy bed. He turned towards me and pulled me into his chest, hugging me tightly. "Thank you Blade..." I just rested my hands on his cold chest and closed my eyes, being stuck in here wont be that bad... I have Nux, and in the end that's all i really ever need....

-------------------------------------24 hours later---------------------------------------------

I woke up with a sharp, tightening pain in my broken leg, i let out a mixed yelp of surprise and pain that was followed by a loud shush. I gritted my teeth and looked down to see Capable tightening the white cloth on my broken limb. "Capabl-" "The dag was in here but you were alseep, so we couldn't change your bandages." i slowly closed my mouth and nodded, she's still mad... Great... "Capable, I'm sorry." She didn't respond, she just continued tightly wrapping my leg. "Capable!" She looked up and glared at me. "You do realize Nux is still sleeping right?" I tilted my head back and saw Nux with his head leaning against the cold concrete wall behind my bed looking highly uncomfortable but still somehow asleep. I nodded and stayed silent.. I just wanted to say sorry, I don't want us to fight... I just got Capable back from that horrible man and now she hates me because i basically told her to take my place on death row...

Once the pain in my leg had subsided i leaned my head back onto Nux's chest and closed my eyes, I slept long enough but i just wanted to think. I need to make things right with Capable but she doesn't want to here anything of the topic... I screwed up bad...

I should've just kept my mouth shut for once but no, i had to try and somehow 'fix' things by asking Capable to take my place as Imperator, Not only asking her ultimately to die but also hand over total control of the WarBoys to her, Training, Recruiting... Deaths and tantrums would all be stacked up against her. Not to mention the Boys drooling over someone like her, even i was in danger of something like that happening. How could i even think of asking her to take my position? And from what I've heard she has already accepted a position teaching the new war pups and even some of the younger war boys. I felt Nux shift in his spot beside me and i looked up to see him staring down at me with a pouty face plastered on his complexion. "My back hurts..." He slowly lifted up his good hand and rubber the bridge of his exposed back. "I can move if you want." I started to shift in my spot but he tightened his arm around me and pulled me back to where i was sitting. "Please don't" I furrowed my eyebrows but nodded and put my head back down on his chest, I have to admit it's a lot comfier than the pillow on the cot but Nux was clearly the more injured one of the two of us... He shouldn't be in any more situations where he has to endure even a slight amount of pain. "What did Capable want?"
Nux asked. "How did ya know she was here? Thought you were asleep..." I asked looking up at him. "Well I wasn't, what did she want?" 
"She was just fixing my bandages. Probably come back for you later... I made her upset so she left." He closed his eyes and let out a long puff of air. "About the imperator thing?" My eyes widened at his words and I shifted in my spot so I could look at him at a comfortable angle. "How could you know about that?"
He chuckled and put his arms behind his head. "Oh, I know everything that goes on with you." I hesitantly nodded and slid back into my spot. He was right... Every since I've been here I've been away from Nux only for a total of twenty four hours... He's never left me alone to long. And at night when the pups had to go to sleep he'd sneak away and spend the night with me to and make  sure the other boys left me alone. "Well yes. You are right, Nux I feel awful... I don't know what to do..." He closed his eyes and let his head roll back onto the cold stone wall behind us. "Push it out of your mind and hope things take a turn for the better." And with that, he drifted off into sleep.