The road back home

***Nux's POV***

"Blade! You need to think about what you're doing!" I shouted after Blade as she stormed over to the car. She ignored me and sped her pace so she was well ahead of me. "Blade!!" I shouted more commandingly and she seemed to think about turning around and speaking to me but she just kept going. I sighed in frustration and ran to catch up with her.

"BLADE!" I grabbed her wrist and spun her around to face me. The girl in front of me was not the Blade I knew and loved. She was broken, torn and for the first time since I had first seen her back in the Citedal... I believed she was weak. The moment her eyes locked with mine she collapsed in my arms and broke down crying. Her legs broke out from beneath her and I slowly lowered her and myself to the ground. I immediately regretted yelling at her.

"I'm so sorry..." She pleaded weakly. I just wrapped my arms around her and sat out on the open sand with her. After her little outburst on her mother, she refused to let them stay there any longer... I thought they would never want to be apart again but I was wrong, being back together seemed to destroy their relationship... It pains me to say it but Blade thinking her mother was dead was good for her. The image of her mother left in her mind was untainted and pure. But now all she saw was a controlling monster. And I couldn't help but feel I was partly to blame. I shouldn't have agreed to stay her. No matter how much it would've killed me to leave. But it was too late now and I have to somehow get her out of this situation.. I've always hated Seeing her like this. That's one of the only reasons I introduced myself to her. I couldn't stand seeing such a beautiful and sweet girl in such pain, and in helping her that one night I planted the roots to a friendship and hopefully in the future... Something more than just a friendship.

I noticed that she had calmed down quite a bit so I slid my arms under her knees and picked her up. I walked over to the car and placed her in the passenger seat. She didn't protest at all which surprised me a lot. I used to chase her around and throw her over my shoulder when I caught her and she would scream her head off for at least ten minutes until I finally put her down. The memory of that day brought a smile of pure happiness to my face, something that I come by less and less these days. After laying her down in the seat I walked around to the other side and jumped in. I had a feeling there's no way we'd be able to survive out here. Maybe it's time to go back home. Leaving was just a huge mistake. After a long and heated debate with myself I decided that going home would be our best option. At least I do get killed there... It'll be around my family and most importantly, the girl I love more than any war lord.

I thought slipped into my mind and I tried to just brush it off but every time I tried my stomach tied itself up into a big knot. I glanced over at Blade and slowly reached my way into her pocket and pulled out the note that she had found that day. Even when she first showed it to me I knew something wasn't right, I think that even more so now that I see the note again. I thought back to that day and realized something. We didn't tell anybody where we were going or why we were leaving. And knowing Furiosa she probably sent more than half of the war boys after us. Which wasn't much since more than half of the war boys the Citedal had left were killed in the battle of fury road. This is what they had planned the whole time, make us leave so the Citedal would be left unguarded long enough for them to attack. And instead of us facing them like cowards like we should have, we ran. And now look where that got us.

Without thinking I shook Blades shoulder and she jumped in her spot. "Nux! Why did you do that!" She howled angrily.

"Blade it's important I promise you. Ya know that note that you got from bullet farm?" She nodded her head slowly. "They wanted us to leave. Furiosa probably has almost all of the war boys out looking for us. They're going to attack the Citedal while its undefended." I look of our horror flashed across Blades face before she turned to face the windshield.

"We have to go back.." She whispered. I could tell she meant it to be more than a whisper but she seemed to be having trouble speaking at all. Instead she just stared at me with wide eyes and her eyebrows raised until I nodded and started driving as fast as I could.

She didn't say a word on the way back, she just kept staring out the window at the scenery speeding by us. I guess it wasn't really much of scenery since there was nothing worth even looking at.

**
I could feel the tension building in the small persist car. I told Blade she should go back to sleep but I swear, she hasn't even blinked since we started heading home. I knew we were getting very close to home since everything around me seemed to be more and more familiar and I cold tell Blade could to. She could hardly sit still in her seat. At last, just over a large hill we could see the grassy top of the Citedals mountains. They seemed greener than before. Once it was fully in our view it looked completely different, less people crowded on the ground, little sprouts of green here and there, and a large spout of water falling into a large well. Furiosa had done a lot since we left. I looked over at Blade and smiled happily but she just returned with a sad grin in place of her real happy smile.

I revved the motor in my pursuit car and slowly drove towards the Citedal. As we got closer people seemed to take notice of us. There was an eruption of screams and gasps that anyone could hear from miles away as we got closer, why were they scared of us?

"Nux let me get out. Once I tell them it's just us they'll let us in." Blade said, pushing  herself out of the window so she was sitting on the door. I slowed down and she hopped off. She got in front of the car and started running. Just like I had done in the green place when I first met most of the girls and Blood bag. She held up her hand signalling for me to stop so she could go ahead and let them know it's just us. She held up her hands and walked slowly towards the Citedals walk way made for Pursuit vehicles. She was greeted by two large war boys carrying guns. There has to be a reason for this. Even when immortan joe lead the Citedal we never had to do this. The Citedal was attacked and now they've increased security. I couldn't tell what blade and the boys were saying but he nodded at something she had said and began walking away so I assumed that it was okay for me to drive in. I went around the side and pulled the vehicle into the
RevHeads garage. There were very few boys working inside. Even at night it's never this dead.

A few of the war boys who I knew stopped working and came over to welcome me back, even some of the pups I had met before we left came in to say hi and give me a hug... I can't believe I abandoned them, I remember meeting all of this pups and I just left them without a word. I felt a nudge against my shoulder and I turned to see Blade and Capable, both with large happy smiles on their faces. I smiled back at them and hugged then tightly. Some of the lingering war pups groaned in fake disgust before running off. Blade laughed and pulled away.

"I talked to Capable on my way back here and... the Citedal was attacked. It was nothing major just a few injured and two deaths but we can't let this happen again. No matter what happens between us and the bulletFarm we stand our ground." She said commandingly.

"Agreed." I said leaning back against my car.

"You guys must be exhausted." Capable said raising her eyebrows at us. "We started reconstructing the living quarters in the Citedal. Two war fighters to a room, luckily I made it so you two can share." She said grinning at Blade. I wrinkled my forehead and stared at Capable.

"War... Fighter..?" She rolled her eyes at me.
"Well I can't call them war boys anymore. There's girls now too." She said crossing her arms. I grinned and glanced over at Blade and she smiled at me.

"How about just war boys, and war girls?" She looked down at the cracked stone floor with an embarrassed look on her face.
How could she not have thought of that?

"I guess your right. It sounds a lot better than-" someone standing behind Capable.
"-Blade, Nux, we need to talk." I looked behind Capable and saw Furiosa standing with her arms crossed and her face set in stone. "Now." She boomed.

------
So what would you guys think about me maybe starting a new mad max story? I just feel like I didn't do what I really wanted to with the first one and I want to try again and hopefully do better. It'd be totally different and I already have the first few chapters figured out, so what do you think??? Please give me feedback!

~Deagsss ⚓️💀