Chaptet 8

Ellington's pov

I walk into school and go upstairs. I make a turn and go to my locker. Everyone smiles at me 'cause I'm a semi-celebrity. Everyone heard that R5 got signed by Jesse St. James. He's cool. I put my backpack in my locker and get my binder. Kelly walks up to me.

"Hey." She says, kissing my cheek.

"Hey." I smile at her cheekily. Kelly is actually pretty cool. I'm starting to actually like her. I do have some feelings for Rydel but those need to leave. I'm with Kelly and she makes me happy.

"What are you doing tonight?" She asks, hopefully.

"R5 practice." She sighs.

"Frowny face." She says, frowning cutely.

"...Or maybe I could blow it off and hang with you." I say. She smiles. Riker walks by us.

"Hey dude, I can't make it for practice today." I say.

"Why?" He asks.

"Kelly wants to go on a date." He shakes his head.

"Unbelievable."

---------

Rydel's pov

We enter the studio........ Without Ratliff.

"Where's Ell?" Asks Jesse.

"He's not here." Ross says.

Jesse sighs. "Let's just start without him."

"So we're just gonna do acoustic?" Asks Rocky.

"You're right. Maybe we could do a couple of covers that don't need Ellington, you know, to warm us up, then we'll call him." We all nod.

---------

Ellington's pov

Beep Beep Beep

My phone keeps beeping when me and Kelly are at the line at Panera. She looks pretty annoyed.

"Who the hell is that?!" She asks.

I sigh. "Riker and Rocky. They want me at rehersals."

"What do they think your little band is more important than me? Or our love? That's delusional." She says.

"We're not a little band." I say.

She sighs. "Whatever."

"If you don't tell them to stop then I will." She says.

"How?" I ask.

She snatches my phone away from me. She opens it up and sees my home screen and looks up at me. The picture is me wh the guys and Rydel. I'm kissing Rydel's cheek friendly.

"What is this?" She asks.

"That's me and my friends." I say innocently. She drags me out of the line.

"No I mean what the hell are you doing with her?!"

"It's just a friendly gesture, Kelly." I say.

"Ratliff, I'm sick and tired of always being second! It's always R5 and Rydel! I mean, what kind of boyfriend talks about his best friend, that's a girl, in front of his girlfriend?!" She yells. Some people started looking at us.

"Kelly, calm down." I say, trying to calm her down.

"No! I swear if I see you with her like that, you'll regret it!" She storms out of the restraunt.

I guess she's walking home. I sigh. I like Kelly, don't get me wrong, but sometimes she can be so damn stubborn. I run to my car and drive off to practice. Not being there killed me. I opened the door of our recording studio to see everyone working.

"Look who decided to show." Riker says, throwing a glare at me.

"Guys don't get mad at him. You know damn well that you would do the same," Rydel says.

"We all need to be 100% committed to this band! If we aren't we won't get anywhere! So let's not waste time, yelling at each other and work!" She yells.

Everyone looks at her shocked. Suddenly, Jesse starts clapping.

"Great job Rydel! Now this-this is what we need!" He says, laughing. We all look at him, seriously.

"What now?" Asks Rocky, sighing.

"We need to get our sound back." Rydel says.

"Let's try a cover." Ross says. We all agree and get in the recording booth.

Rydel's pov

Ellington:Is it getting better
Or do you feel the same
Will it make it easier on you now
You got someone to blame

Rydel: You say...
One love
One life
When it's one need
In the night
One love
We get to share it

Ellington: Leaves you baby if you
Don't care for it
Did I disappoint you
Or leave a bad taste in your mouth
You act like you never had love
And you want me to go without
Well it's...

Rydel: Too late
Tonight
To drag the past out into the light
We're one, but we're not the same
We get to
Carry each other
Carry each other
One...

Ellington: Have you come here for forgiveness
Have you come to raise the dead
Have you come here to play Jesus
To the lepers in your head

Rydel: Did I ask too much
More than a lot
You gave me nothing
Now it's all I got
We're one
But we're not the same
Well we
Hurt each other
Then we do it again

All: You say
Love is a temple
Love a higher law
Love is a temple
Love the higher law
You ask me to enter
But then you make me crawl
And I can't be holding on
To what you got
When all you got is hurt

Both: One love
One blood
One life
You got to do what you should
One life
With each other
All: Sisters
Brothers
One life
But we're not the same
We get to
Carry each other
Carry each other

Both: One...life
One

After singing Me and Elligton look at each other. He starts leaning in when I clear my throat and back away a bit.

"Excuse me." I say my voice cracking walking to the bathroom.

I get in there and look at myself. I then break down in tears. What would've happened if I didn't stop 'You know what'? He would've cheated on Kelly and everyone would've started hating me and Ellington. He looked really hurt wen I pulled away, though.

"Man up, Rydel! You have to keep these feelings in for now!" I whisper/yell at myself.

I re-do my makeup and walk out of the bathroom. For the rest of rehersals we're practicing our singles with me and Elligton not saying a word to each other.