Year three

"That's weird."

"What?"

"Potters not talking."

How long has it been? Since he's been happy. Harry learned quickly that thinking happy thoughts was impossible. If he did, the dementors would know. And they would come. They would feed on anything he could think of. Why couldn't he just get the kiss? Why? It'd be better then this hell hole.

Cant speak? Orion whispered to him.

He didn't speak. It wasn't that he couldn't. There was no point in speaking. No one was there to listen except a few Aroras. Not like they were going to listen to him anyway.

The wisperes subsided. They didn't wisper as much as they use to. Once in a while he would hear Orion taunt him though. Harry had no idea why they stopped for the most part. He had a theory, he was crazy.

Harry grinned up at the damp ceiling. I'm crazy! He thought excitedly. Maybe I wont feel there effects as much. He thought wistfully.

Off course that was not the case. It amplified the effects. Numbing him.

Harry lay there, thinking. About what the sorting hat had said, you'd do great things if your in Slytherin. That wasn't exactly what he said. It was close enough though. Or the second time he talked to the sorting hat.

I stand by my word he had said. You would be great in Slytherin.

What would happen if he was in Slytherin?

If he wasn't the boy who lived?

If he had been friends with Draco?

If his parents were alive?

If Sirius was able to raise him?

He didn't know. He didn't want to know. Maybe just maybe he deserved this.

Yes he did deserve this. He did kill them.

He remember it now.

His Aunt Petunia's scared face. Dudleys eyes rolling out of his head. And his uncle Vernon, he got the worst of it all, his lungs had been ripped out. His eyes pulled out of there sockets. His arms tied behind his back.

He remembered it all.

They were fake of course. But he didn't know that.

Tom 1. Harry 0.

Its not like they couln't resist messing with him. It was just so much fun.