Chapter 2

"Everybody's got their demons, even wide awake or dreaming.. I'm the one who ends up leaving.. Make it okay" - Jet Black Heart 5SOS

- Luke pov -

I TRAINED MY eyes on my book, Paper Towns. I've read it more than once, but it still fascinates me. I don't know why, I'm weird I guess. Rockstar and literature, yep great match.
As I turned the pages I sighed, stopping in my tracks and squeezing my eyes shut; a terrible headache over ruling my mind. Probably because we took so long rehearsing..
I decided to close the book and layed down on my bed, faced to the ceiling throwing my signed football to the closet only to let it drop the second it gets back to me. Yeah, that's basically how my life works.
I stood up, slow as ever among with a few groans, grabbing the ball and taking my time to examin it. Dad..
God, I miss him. I let my fingers run over the black inked signature, smiling weakly.
I lay back down, where I was seated on the floor and my little sister came running through the door. "Luke, Luke!" She smile faintly, earning a big smile back.
"Hey baby girl!" I immidiately felt better once I got a hug from my little sister. Bethany. "Aren't you supposed to be asleep," I frowned at her and she completely talked over my subject.
God, Bethany was a silly name. Why mom, why curse your child with such a name? It's always better than Violet, though. She basically ruined that name for me. "I missed you, Penguin!" She wrapped her little fingers over my nose, softly pinching it making me scrunch.
She giggled as I set her on my lap. "Am I getting my nose back, Beth?" I said, fake annoyed.
To be honest she was the only person in this world that could never truly annoy me.
"No," She shaked her head heavily giggling as I tickled her.
"You want to trade?" I whispered and she suddenly looked at me tentively. "For what?" She rose her eyebrow, looking at me suspiciously.
"If I get you a cookie, you'll give me my nose back, yeah?" I said and she nodded. "Stay here, sweetie," She did as she was told as I made my way down the stairs, hearing soft grunts coming from the bathroom.
I made my way over, pushing the door back cautiously, only to see my mom standing there with a knife in her hand and cuts in her wrist. She looked at me with a look I couldn't describe even if I wanted to. Unhappy? Insignificant?
"Mom?!" I acted quickly, snatching the razor from her hand, looking at the blood still dripping out of her arm. 
"I'm sorry," She sniffled, pushing her other now bloody hand to her cuts. "I can't believe you! What if Beth saw you like this it would scar her forever!" I yell-whispered at her, only making it worse. I felt bad instantly.
How could I have never noticed this? I guess sometimes we forget that our parents are only human aswell.
"Here," I handed her a paper towell. "Don't move, I gotta make sure Beth doesn't see this," With that I jogged out of the bathroom, shutting the door behind me. "Lock it," I said through gritted teeth.
I couldn't lie, I was dissapointed with my mother.
I quickly ran to the kitchen, turning on the water and washing off my mothers blood from my hands, then reaching to the cookie jar. I felt like such a hypocrite doing this.
"Luke?" I heard Beth's soft innocent voice coming from the stairs and my eyes widened.
What if she didn't lock the door..? Shit.
"Wait, Beth!" I ran towards her and I dropped the jar as my little sister started screaming, tears running down her face.
"M-mommy," She cried out, ripping on my black jeans pushing me to hold her.
"Shh, it's alright," I cooed her, giving my mom a death glare.
I can't believe her, is she actually trying to traumatize her toddler?
I sighed, looking at the situation feeling powerless as ever.
How am I ever going on tour if this keeps happening? I can't just leave Bethany, and I can't take her with either.
I set my hands to my head, looking at the situation a tear running down my cheek.
You would have been a great help right now, dad.

- Violet pov -

I sat on my bed, looking through old pictures of me and my mom, making me wonder how she ever got this far from reality.
Pain does that to you, doesn't it?
"Hey Vio," Michael walked through opening the door without even a knock.
"What the hell, Michael, ever heard of knocking?" I groaned at him, earning a wide smile.
How can someone be so happy living in a world this horrible?
"Alright, hold on," He stupidly walked back out the door, knocking on it three times.
"Come in," I couldn't help but chuckle at his actions.
Yeah, that's Mikey alright.
"What do you have there?" He pointed to the box and I shoved it behind my back in reflex.
He gave me a bored look, like he was saying 'Why are you even wasting time on this you know I'll find out,'
I pushed the box back in my lap, feeling silly. "Just a box," I softly spoke and he sat down next to me. "You were nearly crying, You know I get boxes are very emotional and all, but what's in it?" He softly chuckled, me looking at him with bloodshot eyes. "Please don't cry anymore, Vi," I shook my head, placing it on his shoulder.
That moment when you realize you're in a twist with who you once were and the dissapointing version of the self you are right now that could make you bawl like a three year old. Always a nice feeling.
He put his arms around me, letting me sob on his shoulder.
"I wish you'd just talk to me about whatever hurts you so much, you know I care about you," He whispered into my ear, softly kissing the spot above it as I squeezed my eyes shut, wanting to stop crying.
Michael was currently the person that knew most about me, even though it might sound weird. He knows I'm sad, not why but I appreciate him trying to soothe me every time I cry. And that happens a lot, it could be his full time job.
Somehow it seemed like he understood, without knowing the problem. I couldn't possibly tell him what was making me feel this way if I couldn't even figure out a logical reason.

I nodded, trying to stop crying as it turned into sniffling.
"I love you," That almost mafe me cry again.
Love. A bullshit illusion that only breaks your heart, making you think that you know what you're doing while your heart and mind are playing you not wanting to believe that the person you love would risk you getting hurt. Well, believe it.
Don't trust anyone, especially not yourself. They might say it's a good thing but believe me you're playing yourself.
"I love you too, Mikey," I wrapped my arms around him tightly, feeling safe in some way.
He set me on his lap, and leaned on the counter of my window that was right beside my bed, laying down. Yep, the best Clifford a girl could have in her life. And yet you're still uncomplete.
"It's a hole, michael," I said with the last breath I had as the crying session tired me out.

- Michael pov -

"It's a hole, Michael," She whispered, making me curious as to what went on in her head.. Or heart. I wish Luke knew this side of her, he wouldn't treat her like this if he did.
No, if I had one wish I wouldn't waste it on that. I'd be that selfish person wishing that the girl of his dreams would finally realize that he's in love with her.
Yeah, I'd spend my wish on that.
×××××××××××
Okay guys, I'm listening to Sounds Good, Feels Good and I think I might be high. Just saying. Okay, well Chapter two! These first chapters are basically to introduce you to the characters lifes and problems, thoughts.
I hope you liked it! Don't forget to comment and vote babes!

Lots of Love,

Me.