Chapter 3

- Violet pov -

I WAS SAT at the balcony, looking at the sky, and how the stars must be shining out for someone. Michael passed out about 30 minutes ago and since then my mind has been racing non stop with things that would make you want to crawl up into a dark hole and wig-wag with your legs hugged upto your chest.
Permanent Existential Crisis, everyone.
I wonder where my dad is, I wonder who he is. I'm just close to accepting the fact that he is dead, that's what my mom acted like whenever I asked.
Invisible started playing, making me feel worse. Thanks, bro.
As I was about to swipe the song, Michael's groaning stopped me.
"Vi?" He whispered and I nodded. "What are you doing there? You might catch a cold," He looked at me concerned and I chuckled.
"What does it matter?" I met my gaze with the sky again as I felt him walking towards me, placing his hand on my shoulder.
"Don't worry," He spoke. "Luke has his own problems to deal with," I looked up at him, confused as to why he would bring Luke up.
"What?" He chuckled, staring back at me. "You were making your Luke face!" He defended, making me slightly laugh.
"Was I making gagging noises then?" I made him laugh, which made me feel good. I looked at hum as I pulled the sleeves of my sweater down.
He suddenly pulled himself back into reality. "No your Luke face is an intense stare of confusion," He whispered as he sat down on the cold stone floor at my balcony. And then I realized.. Since when did I have a Luke face?
"Mikey, get up you'll get sick," I suggested as he shrugged.
"What does it matter?" He mocked me and I stuck my tongue out to him.
"So it's been three years," Michael interrupted the silence that had been building up as I nodded.
"Can't you tell me why?" He stopped looking at me, fiddled with his fingers and stared at his feet, then back at me.
"I'm not ready," I said with a cracky voice, holding back a lump in my throat already.
It's sad how this still has an affect on me, while I have an amazing new family and great friends. Isn't everyone's past always haunting them?
"You are," He stopped playing with his hands and placed them on mine, stopping me from my activities to avoid the subject.
"You just don't want to," He stood up, threw his left leg over the balcony railing and I told him to stop leaving.
"Fine, then tell me," I nodded, looking back at myself as I stared into his eyes.
"Alright," I paused as he looked back at me, waiting for me to continue.
"My mom lives in a mental asylum," I stopped and he wasn't getting anything more. Never.
"God," He said and looked forward, probably letting it sink in. I thought he'd say something, anything, but he didn't.
We just sat there, watching the sun come up, alone with our thoughts in our own minds.
Just how I liked it.

- Luke pov -

I stood up from my bed, seeing no one lying there beside me. It felt cold. But it was better than waking up next to a big bitch I guess. I drouzily walked out of my room to check at Bethany. She was sound asleep, and it warmed my heart at how adorable she looked. .. Damn Luke, Man up!
I smiled pleased, and walked back into my room, looking at the calendar next to my bed that was pinned to the wall.
One week. I said to myself.
One week until the tour.
I smiled, happy that this would soon all be over for a while, and I could escape before coming back. I put in my earbuds, listening to some file Harry sent me to check out, it was called Home, and I felt the tears brew up my eyes. Why am I so fucking emotional today..
"I was stumbling, looking in the dark with an empty heart,"
"But you say, you feel the same,"
"Could we ever be enough? Baby we could be enough,"
I was suprised by this song, I knew they made good music but damn. I never really listened to them, to be honest.
Just some songs that I really liked sat there in my phone, just being there.
I grabbed my book, Paper Towns. Re-reading it again.
Okay, yes I'm cool but I just like the mystery, okay?
Why am I explaining myself to myself? Gah you're weird, Luke.
After a while I got tired of it, and decided on going over to Cal's place. He was probably just hanging out, doing the same as me.
.

.

.

.

.

.

I rang the doorbell, and smiled when I saw Joy open the door.
Joy Hood, she was a legend.
Even I would want her as my mother. Violet didn't deserve her at all.
"Hey Luke, come in," She smiled back at me and I nodded, saying Hi aswell.
"Cal, Luke's here!" She yelled, Calum Immediately running down, and dragging me up the stairs with him. I smiled at his mom awkwardly as she laughed at us. Yeah, an amazing woman.
"Cal, what the hell," I half yelled at him and he shushed me, pointing through the door of Vio's room. "So what?" I whispered, and his eyes widened, softly pushing the door open and I couldn't believe what I saw. Michael and Violet?
"Are they dating?" I questioned, feeling an overwhelming feeling of disgust churn in my stomach.
"I don't know, I've never seen them this close though, cuddling and stuff," Calum whispered back and I nodded. Gag.
"Gah, that's gross. Michael could do so much better," I huffed, and Calum rose his brow at me.
"What?" I said. "Just being honest, here,"
"That's crap, Vio is the best," He paused, looking forward as if he could look through the closed door. "What's your problem with her?" He suddenly asked, making me feel uncomfortable.
"Don't wanna tell," I sat down on the floor and Cal joined me.
"Tell me,"
"Cal, no-" He cut me off mid-sentance.
"Tell me,"
"No," I stated, confident with my case.
"Fine,"
"Fine,"
"Fine,"
"Fine," I repeated, awkwardly.
"Tell me," He repeated, making me realise he was obviously not going to give up.
"Have you ever had that feeling with someone that just makes you feel warned? Like.. Stay away from that person?" I asked, Cal nodded.
"Well, I'm just following my gut," I said and he sighed.
"Well stop it! She had a huge crush on you at first and she completely hates you now, usually with you it's the other way around. Not that I'm complaining," I chuckled at his words until It got through to my brain.
"She had a crush on me?"
"Well yeah, she basically described you as.. You. And she thought you were cute." He shivers at the words, me having an inside laugh before he finished. "But she mainly cares about what's inside and according to her right now, you suck," He said honestly, me getting through what he just said.
To think she had a crush on me, repulsive. Thank god she never acted on it, that would have gone wrong. Because you know? I care about the inside too,
And she is a bitch.
Don't need any more of those people.
"Good, let's keep it that way," I said harshly, looking through the peephole we created as we sat there spying on Violet and Michael. Cal pouted.
"I'm not gonna pretend to like her, it's against my morals,"I said confidently, Calum rolling his eyes.
I couldn't deny, She was kinda hot. But, she was repulsive to me.
.

.

.
Ok, that must be confusing.
Don't ask.

×××××××××××××××
Vuke? Hells yeah! I commend listening to the song I put in the chapter I was listening to that while writing and I think it fits the chap well!
Anyways, vote, comment, the usual shit.
Thanks for reading!

Lots of love,

Me. x