Chapter 9: A Child's Tears

No one's POV

"WHAT?!?!?"

More forms began to become visible. Teron pulled Dawson away from the field. He quickly changed into his darkness armor and shielding Dawson and the twins in his cape. 
"MOM! "

Jasmine cried out to her mother's body. Chase stood frozen beside her. A few tears escaped his clear blue eyes. The forms had all become visible now. Storm's eyes widened as she heard her father screaming in agony. He was holding the small body of Levy in his arms. She wasn't breathing. Luna began screaming and attacked the field. Natsu and Lucy were both lying next to each other, holding hands for the last time. Leo appeared from the key they had found earlier and grabbed a hold of Luna. Romeo was holding onto Wendy. Tears were streaming down everyone's faces. In a quiet whisper, Lucy said, "Hush now Luna."

Luna stopped fighting Leo and gave her mother her full attention.

"It'll be okay. "
"No, no it won't. I can't lose you guys!"
"You're a strong kid Luna. If anyone can defeat this guy, it's you. "

Natsu raised his head slightly.
"We believe in you baby girl. Make sure you kick a lot of butt for your old man, alright? "

Luna began sniffling.
"Okay daddy. I promise. I won't let you die in vain! "

Natsu and Lucy both smiled before their bodies froze and they faded away. Luna screamed and collapsed into a heap of emotion. Leo held her in his arms like he used to when he baby-sitted her when she was a baby. A shiver went through Storm's body. She looked at the faces of each of her friends before returning her gaze to her parents bodies. It was too much. She tried to reach for her headphones to calm herself down, but she was too late. She screamed, earning the attention of her comrades. Her power spiked to levels they had never reached before. Her body became pure iron, her hands becoming pillars.

"Look out!"

Teron reequipped into his giant slayer armor and blocked an iron pillar that Storm had shot in his direction. 

"Storm!," Chase shouted at the dragon slayer.

 "She can't hear you Chase! "

Storm turned her gaze to the time traveler who had caused all of this.

"You," Storm lunged at him with her iron pillars expanding towards him, "MONSTER!"

He easily dodged her attack and commented, " Well isn't this interesting?"

She attacked him in a wild frenzy. He dodged all of her attacks neatly. The twins screamed. Large debris was beginning to fall from all of Storm's attacks that had missed. Asuka pulled out a pistol her mother had given her and shot the debris into pieces. 

"I believe it's time that I took my leave."

The time wizard pulled out the disc he had used to bring them all here and disappeared in a flash. Storm let out a fearsome roar. 

"Sis!"

Storm looked down at the wizards below her as Dawson called her. She smiled wickedly and jumped down to join them. All of others stood in front of the other children, making sure Storm had no way of getting to them.

"Dawson, I need you to create a field around you and the twins. We have to try and calm down your sister."

Dawson nodded and followed Asuka's advice. The twins clutched onto him tightly, their eyes wide with fear. The older children kept their eyes on Storm. They were each thinking of ways to stop her.

Luna: Maybe if I use some of the techniques we worked on together, she'll remember us and snap out of this.

Jasmin: I guess we'll just have to take her down. We can't risk her hurting the kids.

Teron: We won't be able to reach her  music from here. I'm afraid we may actually have to fight her.

Chase: Storm! Please...

Storm ran over and slammed her fist into Luna's jaw. Luna quickly recovered and sent a kick towards Storm's face. It didn't turn out well. Storm caught her foot and spun her around by it before releasing her and sending her flying. Jasmin readied her ice make magic while Teron took a defensive stance. Leo ran after Luna. Asuka, Romeo, and Wendy joined the group. Chase stood still. He had a plan. It was risky, but he had to do something to help her. He didn't even notice that Teron was fighting her until he nearly flattened him. 

"Teron! I have an idea!"

Teron turned back and looked at him. He nodded, showing that he understood.

"Chase..."

Chase turned to look at his sister. He had never seen her so frail and fragile. They were all looking at him now.

Romeo put his hand on Chase's shoulder and asked him not to try his plan. He declined. Wendy used a spell on him that would allow him to move faster. Teron kept Storm busy throughout this. Once Chase was ready, Teron reequipped his ultimate fairy armor and grabbed Chase before flying off with him. Storm jumped up after them.

"Are you sure you want to do this?"

"What choice do I have?"

Teron gave a soft smile. "Good luck."

He released Chase. Chase fell to the ground directly in front of Storm. He readied himself. Storm's magical aura was shining brightly around her now. The tiles around her were breaking in her presence. 

"Iron Dragon..."

Chase took a deep breath and steadied his breathing.

"ROAR!"

Storm released her attack. She smiled when the dust cleared and Chase was nowhere to be seen.

"Chase!," Jasmin screamed. "Please... not you too..."

Suddenly, Chase appeared behind Storm. He had used his water body to turn into a puddle and sneak up on her. It worked. Before Storm could notice his presence, he grabbed her headphones from around her neck and placed them over her ears. Everything froze. Storm stood still, her aura slowly fading.

"Chase."

Chase sighed in relief. Storm turned around and hugged him tightly.

"Thank you."

Chase just stood in silence and held her as she began to cry into his shoulder. The others joined them once they were sure Storm was stable. They all gathered around and shared in a group hug. After what they had seen, they all needed it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm so sorry that I waited so long to update! I'm also sorry I left you with such a depressing update. To make it up to everyone, I have an idea. I realized that I never gave our time travelling villain a name. So, I'll leave it up to you! Vote for a name for him in the comments down below! Remember to vote on your favorite chapters!