Chapter 10: The Strongest Bond

No one's POV

The children searched the rubble of the guild hall for the time travelling device in silence. After sharing in their group hug, the large room they had stood in disappeared around them. It left them back at the guild hall. The time traveler was no where to be seen. Teron heaved a large beam over and beckoned everyone to him. Storm was holding Dawson in her arms. Any other time, Dawson would have complained about being treated like a child, but after what they had been through, he was just happy his sister was okay. Chase guided his sister over to the now unearthed platform. Asuka was holding the hands of the twins. Teron took a minute to look around at his friends before dusting off the button. He pressed it firmly. Now their mission was more important than ever. He, and everyone else, knew that, if they wanted to see their family again, they had to stop the time traveler. The wreckage of their home away from home faded to nothing as it was replaced with the brightness of the guild hall of the past.

Luckily, they decided to put a large mattress in the middle of the guild hall. Everyone turned excitedly when they heard the kids hit the mattress.

"Juvia's children are back! ", Juvia cried happily. She ran over to greet them before stopping in her tracks. The other guild members grew silent as well. The kids were slowly helping eachother stand. Chase looked over at his mother as he pulled Jasmine up. Jasmine's eyes began to water as soon as she layed her eyes on Juvia.

"Mom! "
Jasmine ran over to her mother and hugged her tightly. Juvia hugged her back. Gray was examining Chase's face, trying to figure out what had happened. Chase mouthed, I'll tell you later.

Gray nodded and put his hand on Jasmine's shoulder. Dawson broke free of his sister's arms and ran to Levy's open ones. He sobbed into his mother's shoulder, holding tightly in case she were to disappear. Gajeel, who was currently chewing on a used sword he got cheap from a local trader, came out from one of the back rooms. He noticed Levy holding the shaking Dawson in her arms and made his way over to them.

"Are you guys alright?", he asked. Storm nodded her head, but it was clear to Gajeel that something was up. After all, Dawson wouldn't be crying with Storm looking like she could break at any moment if everything was alright. Once Dawson noticed his father he ran to him and hugged his leg.

"Dad!"

Gajeel looked down at the small boy. He felt a surge of protectiveness and picked Dawson up and held him tightly.

"It's okay kiddo. Whatever just went down, I've got you now."

Levy took the opportunity to check on Storm. She hadn't taken a step towards her family and was staying silent.

"Storm, are you alright?"

Storm only nodded her head in response. Levy took a step closer and brushed the hair out of Storm's face.

"You don't seem like you're alright to me."

Storm's eyes quickly exploded with tears as she wrapped her arms around Levy and began almost screaming apologies.

"Momma! I love you! I love you so much mom! I should've told you that before and I'm sorry. I'm sorry I've never told you that before! You've always made sure I felt loved and I never even said I love you back! I'm sorry I'm sorry I'm so sorry mom!"

Levy began to gently stroke Storm's hair. "Shh, it's alright." Storm continued to mumble apologies as her and her mother embraced.

Teron helped Asuka carry the twins over to their parents before they joined they ran off to join theirs. Teron hugged his mother and father in turn before telling them what happened. Both Erza and Jellal's eyes widened as he told then what they had all been through. As did the eyes of the rest of the guild, who had overheard him. Erza and Jellal exchanged a glance before lovingly pulling Teron into a hug. Had he been anyone else he probably would've have suffered head trauma from hitting his head against his mother's armor.

Luna on the other hand, was in a very different mood. She was staring at the doors after only glancing at Lucy and Natsu. After they heard what happened, Lucy tried to talk to Luna. Lucy got a good look at Luna's face and stopped in her tracks. If looks could kill Luna would have already obliterated the doors of the guild hall, along with the rest of Magnolia. Natsu stood back a bit, seeming to understand. Everyone else was holding their kids tightly. Finally, Luna started to walk towards the doors. Teron noticed and called out to her.

"Don't even think about it Luna."
She ignored him and continued walking. Teron began to walk towards her.

"Luna."
She kept walking. Teron pulled out a sword and blocked the doorway, stopping Luna in her tracks.

"Unless you want me to melt your favorite sword, you'll put it away and let me through. "
"You need to calm down Luna."

The two of them stared at eachother, neither one them backing down. Storm walked up behind Luna and grabbed her wrist.

"Let go of me Storm."
"Luna, I know you're pissed. But you can't do this alone and some of us need to rest after what happened."
"I said LET GO OF ME!"

Luna's hair flamed up. Storm pulled her hand away quickly as Luna's skin became hot to the touch. Luna immediately stopped when she noticed Storm's hand turning red.

"Oh my God Storm! I'm so sorry! I didn't.... I didn't mean to!"
Luna grabbed Storm's wrist to examine the burn.

"It's okay Luna. I'll be fine."
Levy and Gajeel had already come over to make sure it wasn't too serious. Chase walked over and held out his hands to Storm.

"Here, let me help."
Storm nodded and held out her hand. Chase enclosed it in a ball of water. Storm shivered from the sudden cold but soon relaxed.

"Thanks Chase."
"No problem."

Teron walked over so that he was in the middle of them all.

"We're all a bit on edge after what happened. It's best if we just take a while to calm down before we pursue this mission any farther. We won't be able to get anything done like this."

They all nodded. Rest was something they could all agree on.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hello everyone! I'm so sorry that it's taken me so long to get back to writing! I want to apologize to everyone who is enjoying this. Also, I'm sorry that newest update in months is this sad. The next one will be much better. I promise!

If you're enjoying this then don't forget to like it!