Chapter 8

We left the ice cream shop in a bit of a rush due to my sudden outburst. It's just, I get so angry when close minded pricks try to take out their inner sexual frustrations out on people who are more comfortable with themselves than these bullies will ever be. And on top of that, I don't make it a priority to flaunt around my sexuality - if you could call it that. I tend to not classify myself as "gay", "straight", or "bi" or any of those terms. I like having a feeling when I'm with someone. So obviously I'd go with the person who I have the most feelings for.

And I'm having more feelings right now, in more than one way.

Jacob still had my hand in his as he led me out of the ice cream shop towards his car. I could tell he was still tense by the way he was holding my hand. He let go of my hand and stopped abruptly causing me to walk into his defined back, making a small grunt to escape my mouth. He looked back at me with a curious look.

"You know, I'm sorry about back there," I said, finally building enough courage to talk about it. "That was really out of character for me and honestly, if you weren't there, I probably would've gotten banned from the shop," I said, giggling at the end. "I just get so angry when people think that they know me and try to pick one aspect of my life to define me. Especially if they aren't true," I added, remembering that he thinks I'm straight so I better keep letting him think that as to not betray his feelings. "Then they proceed to think that they can attack me for something that I'm not. And if I let that happen, I'm only adding --"

"It's not that big of a deal," he said, putting a finger on my lips to silence me. I pouted a little at this gesture. I wasn't done with my rant. "I was gonna say something but I forgot," he added with a small... blush? I raised my eyebrow at him, making him laugh a little.

"You remind me if a cartoon character," he said to me, chuckling. I pouted further and tried to bite his finger. He pulled back faster though and laughed as he did so. He wiggled his finger playfully in front of my face, silently telling me that's a no no. But I just took it as a challenge.

I grabbed his wrist and pulled it towards my mouth. He resisted and grabbed my other hand to keep it from attacking him. I managed to flip is around so he was leaning back against the car while I was over him. He threw my left arm to the side and pulled a dirty card:

He. Tickled. Me.

I weakened with laughter - forced laughter that was actually not enjoyable, to the point of not being able to breathe - allowing him to flip us back over so that I was against the car. He threw his hands to my face and covered my mouth with his hand.

"You know," he started, "we're pretty close now." I glanced down to see our body position. My legs were far apart and behind his to support my body against the car. One of his legs was between mine and the other was brushing against my thigh. My right arm was still intertwined with his from when I tried to bite his finger while my left lied to my side. His right hand rested over my mouth and he slowly pulled one finger away as he spoke until there was only one finger left on my lips. I could feel his gaze drilling into my skull. I couldn't meet his eyes. If I did, I might say something stupid.

"What would you do," he asked slowly (and seductively!!!!!), "if I just", he leaned in closer and trailed off.

"There you guys are! I have been looking for you guys. The appointment starts in ten. Come on!" Chelsea shrieked, knocking both of us out of the trance we got locked in. I blinked at him and he blushed. Jacob cleared his throat and looked awkwardly at me before speaking.

"We should probably go before Chelsea blows more than she already has."

"You mean, she can blow more?" I lamely added to the conversation.