Chapter Nine: Telling Scott

How do parents not know when their daughters are pregnant my mom called out my sister before my sister even knew she was pregnant.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Stiles slept throughout half the weekend only getting up to eat and pee. Occasionally he would get up to vomit or answer a text but he had no type of energy to be physically active. Derek stopped by twice once to check on him and the second time to bring soup. Stiles felt smothered after a third nap for that day but his body ached. He wanted to get up but physically he knew he'd regret it.

So he did what he thought was best he grabbed his laptop from the floor by the side of his bed and he binged watched about three TV shows all with six plus seasons. His room was lit by his computer screen light and the soup Derek brought had been finished quicker then Stiles was ready to admit. His stomach felt heavy and he knew that going to school the next day was going to be a bitch.

A knock on his door made his heart skip a beat, his father was at work, and Derek would've came through the window. Stiles paused his current episode of whatever it was he was watching and sat up regretting the decision immediately.

"Who is it?" He called out fear running through his veins.

"It's me." He could hear Scott from the other side and he felt relief wash over him.

"Come in." Stiles sighed rubbing the bridge of his nose.

Scott entered the room and his nose automatically scrunched up. With the flick of his finger he turned on the light getting a whiny complaint from Stiles. Scott frowned at the sight of his best friend.

"What's wrong with you?" Scott looked at him with a concerned pout.

"I'm sick." Stiles quickly lied.

"Bullshit you haven't been sick in over five years." Scott took a seat on Stiles's computer chair.

Stiles knew sooner or later he'd have to explain himself to Scott and honestly he was hoping it'd be later. Scott looked at him expectantly and Stiles ran a hand through his hair sighing once again.

"Scott, I'm fine." He mumbled.

"Dude, you quit lacrosse." Scott looked pissed at the thought of that, "and you barely even talk to us anymore."

"The pack?" Stiles raised an eyebrow.

"Yeah." Scott looked hurt, "is it something i did?"

"What? Scott, no." Stiles shook his head.

"Then what?" Scott looked at Stiles with his sad brown eyes.

"Scotty, I'm pregnant." Stiles winced at Scott's blank expression.

"Wow and here I thought you were gonna take me seriously!" Scott got up from the bed in a rage.

"Scott, stop and listen, there's two heart beats coming from me." Stiles grabbed his best friend's arm stopping him.

Scott paused and listened. His eyebrows knit together and then a full on blush crept up to his neck and ears. He looked at Stiles with guilt and a frown.

"What? How?" Scott sat back down.

"Alpha werewolves can get men pregnant." Stiles blushed furiously as he spoke.

"You had sex with a we-werewolf!?" Scott sputtered.

"Yeah." Stiles sighed looking down at his hands.

"Who?" Scott wanted answers and Stiles wasn't sure he was ready to comply.

"Scott.. That's none of your business." Stiles muttered feeling his stomach churn.

"None of my business!? Bro, you're my best friend of course it's my business I mean does your dad even know?" Scott scoffed obviously offended.

"Yes my dad knows, there's a picture on the fridge of the ultrasound." Stiles crossed his arms over his chest.

"And he knows who the father is?" Scott looked at him doubtful.

"They had dinner with me and we spoke about the situation." Stiles slowly got up from his bed and made his way towards his desk.

He grabbed his ultrasound picture and handed it to Scott who held it gingerly. He gaped at the photo Stiles watched him carefully to see his reaction. Scott smiled and handed the picture back to Stiles who placed it back on his desk.

"Stiles, why won't you tell me? Do you think I'll be upset? Because I won't." Scott reassured him.

"Scott it's someone in the pack." Stiles shook his head, "and yes I think you will be pissed."

"I won't." Scott muttered.

Stiles sighed weighing his options, "Do you promise?"

"I promise, Stiles please just tell me."

"The father is Derek, Scott."

Scott looked beyond annoyed but said nothing he just stared at Stiles holding back what ever rage he had about Derek. Stiles sat back down his stomach hurting even more. He needed more soup and ASAP. He reached for his phone and opened up Derek's messages.

Stiles:
Babe can you bring more soup?

Scott watched Stiles still in complete shock, "How long?"

"Have I've been pregnant?"

"Yes and no, I mean how long have you guys been dating?" Scott's jaw was clenched.

"Two years we've been dating and two almost three months I've been pregnant." Stiles sighed his phone chirping as he answered his best friend, "Scott, I'm sorry I didn't tell you we just thought it'd be for the best." Stiles shrugged.

"I- I'm your best friend and you couldn't even tell me you were dating Derek." Scott pouted.

"Hold up." Stiles murmured.

Sourwolf:
I'm on my way with your soup.

"And you're texting him now aren't you?" Scott looked hurt.

"I'm asking him to bring soup, my stomach hurts." Stiles tossed his phone on his bed.

"Look, I need some time to think." Scott got up from his spot.

"To think about what Scott?" Stiles quickly became agitated it wasn't like he was the one having the baby.

"To think about this cause honestly I don't know what to think." Scott sighed stuffing his hands in his pockets.

"Alright I'll catch you later." Stiles mumbled slipping back under his blanket with a shiver.

"Yeah, bro, I'll catch you later." Scott mumbled walking out of the room.

Stiles sighed shutting his eyes even though the light was still on. He heard a soft tapping at his window and he let a small smile reach his face. He turned so that he was facing the cracked window. Derek raised a bag with a large container of soup and Stiles waved him in. Derek climbed in and placed the soup on his night stand.

"Baby, are you okay?" Derek checked his forehead.

"No, but I will be."