Epilogue: Discord

The night was young.

She flew.

What else could she do? The fierce wind blew her (h/c) hair all over her face, but she didn't care. With Draco's Nimbus 2001, she went to where her friends were likely to go.

Landing on the floor, she left the broomstick on the side and sprinted towards the elevator. Her foot impatiently tapped on the floor, as she readied her wand, preparing for what's to come.

The elevator reached its destination. Stepping out of it, the darkness enveloped (Y/n), as if it was welcoming her into a warm -but cold- hug. The only noise she could her was her quick heartbeat and her irregular breaths coming out of her mouth.

"Lumos!"

A small source of lightness came out of the tip of her wand. Since when she was so afraid of the dark?

But then, she remembered:

She was not scared of the dark, she was scared of what might be in it.

As a young woman she was, she followed her instincts and went where her heart told her. It was hard to walk, due to all the shattered crystals all over the floor.

Not very far away, she heard some faint voices. And that laugh. That all too familiar laugh. She ran towards where the sounds where coming from.

The first thing she heard when she arrived were the two most dreading words someone could hear.

"Avada Kedavra!"

After those terrifying words, a wicked laugh and a despaired yell.

(Y/n) was shocked. Her uncle, was killed in front of her eyes, by her own mother. She shook and fell to her knees, the glass making small cuts on her naked knees.

Her eyes welled up and she felt the same pain as Harry did at that moment. She yelled and cried. Standing up, she sprinted where her mother was and pointed her wand right in front of her chest.

From that moment, (Y/n) felt it was just her and her mother in the place.

"My little girl... look at her, so grown up alredy..." Bellatrix smiled.

"Mama, y- you killed uncle S-sirius!" She cried, tears sliding through her pale cheeks. "He was fa- family! Y- you're a monster!"

"Go on then, my lovely. If I am such a monster, go on and say the those two magic words."

Her smile never left her face, and she came closer to (Y/n). Bellatrix laughed at (Y/n)'s vulnerable state, the poor girl was trembling with fear? Sadness? Bella looked at her hand which was shaking uncontrollably and took her wand.

"How about," she discretely threw (Y/n)'s wand away from her and stepped closer to her, wrapping her into a hug, "we both go home, and the elves prepare us some hot chocolate while we sing our favourite song, baby?"

(Y/n) froze, and as much as she wanted to hug her back, she didn't do it. She stepped back, getting away from her as she looked at her mother right straight in the eye. "Uncle Sirius was family."

There is nothing more much painful for a mother, to see the daughter she raised with all her love and care, walk away from her, with fear in her eyes.

Bellatrix's smile vanished and sadness overtook her. Her heart shattered as she saw her daughter run away from her and hugged The Boy Who Lived.

When (Y/n) hugged Harry, he instantly hugged back.

"I'm here, I'm here, I'm here..." Harry cooed as she stroked (Y/n)'s hair.

They looked into each others' eyes, both knowing exactly what to do next. They split up and fought against darkness, with help from the others.

"Accio (Y/n)'s wand!"

It felt so good to have her wand in her hand again. She fought for her uncle's death. She couldn't care less about the people her mother killed, but when it came to family, it was unforgivable for her. A very familiar Death Eater stepped in front of her.

It was Lucius!

"Weak little girl, you are not going to kill me aren't you?" He taunted.

(Y/n) scoffed at him.

"I fucked your son!"

With a shocked expression on his face, he couldn't see (Y/n)'s fist hit his stomach, making him bend over and fall to the floor.

(Y/n) kept fighting against the thing she was raised in, evil and darkness.

For how long? Since she was born.

She heard Harry scream and she immediately went where he was, leaving Lucius on the floor. Harry was laying on the floor, all bloodied and focused on something.

(Y/n) slowly turned around.

"(Y/n)- (Y/n). Go. Run. Save yourself." She heard Harry mumble.

But she didn't listen to him, she was too curious.

(Y/n) dropped her wand, making a clicking sound. She just saw pure evil in front of her.

"What a pleasant surprise..." She heard.

Lord Voldemort smiled, looking at the precious human being not far away from him.

(Y/n) regretted turning around.

That's why muggles say:

'Curiosity killed the cat.'