Ch. 19

~~Duke's POV~~

 "Did his parents have a will? Someone they were going to leave him to?" 

"As far as we have found, no will. I just don't think they expected this to happen to them.'' 

"Well nobody does, but still there is a child involved, you would would think they would have a plan for him.''

"Yes, you would think. Well we are getting in touch with some of his other family members, he has an aunt in Seattle, and an uncle in Memphis. We still haven't heard anything back though.''

"Well where is he going to stay tonight?" 

"A foster home, he can't go back home with you and your wife if that is what you were going to ask.'' 

I sighed softly, but nodded at the social worker, "Yeah I understand. I just want to make sure he is going to be at a good home.'' 

"We're taking good care of him." 

"Okay. Please keep in touch."

"Oh we will be, if neither of his family members are interested, we will be doing an investigation on you and your wife, to see if you two are a good fit for him.'' 

"Sounds good.''

                                         ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 

 "Hey you're home." Rayna said to me as I walked through the front door. "How did it go?" 

"Well Toby has an uncle in Memphis and an aunt in Seattle, they are going to look into and see if either of them would be interested taking in Toby. They said adoption is an option for us, if they don't want to take him in." 

She nodded at me and smiled a bit, "Well as long as Toby will be safe, that's all I want." She said leaning up and kissing me. 

I kissed her back and smiled, "I know me too. So where is our little one at?" 

"She's sleeping, she'll probably be up any minute now though." 

"Okay, well until then.'' I leaned in and kissed her deeply, pulling her in close to me. I heard her moan softly against my mouth and I smiled into the kiss, threading my hands into her hair. I felt her start to unbutton my shirt, but we were interrupted by Rosie whimpering.  "Back to reality huh?" 

"Yeah.'' She smiled as she walked back to pick up Rosie, I followed her and and picked her up for myself.

"My turn, you've been watching her all day, I will watch her for a little while, you look tired, why don't you go get some rest sweetie?" 

"Thanks Duke." She said and then leaned in to kiss my cheek, before disappearing down the hallway and into our room.'' 

Well Rayna's nap didn't last long. She came back out like twenty minutes later to Rosie's screaming. "Rayna I can take care of her, she's just a little fussy.'' 

"Well first off, she's screaming, she's a little more than fussy, and she needs to be changed, I can smell it. Lay her down in the changing table.'' 

I laid Rosie down and Carter had her changed in no time and in a new outfit, and Rosie was giggling at her. "How did you do that so fast?" 

"Well I've been doing it a lot, you've been kind of busy lately, which is fine.'' 

"Rayna I'm sorry, I promise I'll be home more often.'' 

"It's okay, things have been kind of hectic lately, don't worry about it.'' 

                                                    ~~~~~~ A week later ~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 

I could hear my phone ringing from the dining room table, I walked over and picked it up. "Hello?" 

"Hello Mr. Valentine, do you still want to talk about adoption?" 

"Yes. We are still interested.'' 

                                         ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 

Hi guys, sorry it took so long for a new chapter to be updated, I just needed some inspiration, and I found some, so I thought I should update. Like I said in the last chapter, I am almost done with this story, so I will be wrapping it up within the next chapter or so. Thanks to all that have been reading this story, I am so very proud of the success it has had, I never expected the kind of reads it has received so thank you so much for all your support. Please leave me comments, I love reading what you all have to say about the story. Thanks again, you guys are great. 

~~Katelyn~~