Ch.14

Rayna's POV
    I was frozen in shock, my parents were standing in front of me and my husband just called them douchebags, this may be one long afternoon.
    "Are you going to let us in Aria?"
      I moved to the side, but Duke didn't, he just stayed still, with his arms crossed.
      "Parents or not, from what she has told me about you two, you don't deserve to walk in my house and talk to her." He said.
      "I gave birth to her, that doesn't give me the right?" Her mother said back at him.
    "You both abandoned her when she didn't want to become a lawyer! How is that good parenting?"
    "I'm sorry who gave you the right to judge our parenting?"
    "Well I married your daughter and from what she has told me, you abandoned her when she didn't follow in your footsteps. That's not what family does."
      "You're right." I heard my father said, "Which is why we are here to meet  the boy she married and is now my son in law."
      "I am not your son in law, you weren't even a father to her!"
    "Enough!" I said, "that's enough from all three of you." I push Duke aside so my parents can walk in and I head to the kitchen so I can make some dinner for the four of us.
    Duke followed me and touched my shoulder softly. "I'm sorry sweetie, I just don't want them to hurt you again. That's all."
      "Thanks." I say and kiss his cheek softly. I made Caesar salads with pork chops that Duke grilled. My mom tried to talk to me while my da was grilling Duke with questions.
      "So how did you meet him sweetie?" My mom asked.
    "He rescued me when my house caught on fire. He started visiting me in the hospital."
    "Your house caught on fire? Oh sweetheart why didn't you call us?"
    "Cause you wanted nothing to do with me! I still don't want anything to do with either of you two! Do you know how much he'll you put me through and how depressed I was because of you two! Now I am finally happy and it's because of him. Sure we did everything wrong in the steps of our relationship and we may have lost a baby, but it doesn't matter because he doesn't blame me for any of it. He loves me for me, unlike you and dad, you left and kicked me out like trash."
    She looked at me stunned, but I didn't even care, it felt good to let it out. She knew the truth and that is all that I wanted. I wanted her to know how much pain I felt. I didn't feel that anymore. I felt stronger than ever before.
    "Sweetie I am so sorry about the past, but that's just it, it's the past. I can't change it, even though I wish I could, because you and your husband are right. We weren't good parents, we didn't even call to check on you. We didn't see you walk down the aisle or hug you after you lost a baby. We didn't see you in the winter talent show, because we had made plans to go see your brother. You called me and said how you had won and I was so proud, but then so ashamed we weren't there. Rayna I can't even imagine how you felt all that time. I'm so sorry."
    I looked at my mother and then at Duke, who was looking at me with those kind eyes. He walked into the kitchen, "Maybe it would be better if we met for dinner another time, I think this is too much on Rayna right now." 
    "I think you don't get to make those decisions for her." My dad, said before he grabbed my arm so I would face him, "Rayna were trying to fix things between us, we never should've walked out on you."
    "Let go! You're hurting me!"
    "Let go of her." Duke said, his hands in fists, "don't make me ask you again."
      He let go of me and then Duke escorted them out and slammed the door in their faces. He closed the curtains and came over to me. "Rayna are you okay?"
    "Yeah, I guess." I pulled him into my embrace and he hugged me tighty. "They are never going to change."
    "Probably not,no."
    "How soon ca we leave for Paris?"
    "In a few days if you want."
    "I want out of this town."
      Duke looked down at me and nodded. I got on my tippy toes and kissed him sweetly. "So lets pack for Paris." He said as he leaned down to kiss my cheek.
    "Yes lets."

                          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

  Thanks to everyone who is reading this story and I hope that you like this new chapter. Please vote and leave me comments on what you though and what you would like to see in the future. Also, I hope that all of you have a very Happy New Year! Hopefully 2015 is your best year yet, full of wonderful memories. 2014 had some hard times, but many laughs and experiences I may never get to do again. Anyway though thank you to everyone who is reading this, I love you all!

        ~Katelyn~