Dreams are Dreams

Have you ever tried to remember a dream you dreamt when you were younger? You think for a second, and its not there at first. But soon it starts to come back to you. But as you think harder, it begins to dissipate into a cloud of forgoteness.

People are a lot like dreams. We think of them, we remember their voices, what they look like, what they feel like... But like a dream, people come and go. Some by force, others by choice. We begin to forget the days we spent with them, what they smell like, and their face begin to blend in with a sea of people till you cant recognize it anymore. And just like a dream, people leave us with nothing but their name, and the dissipated memory of who they are... who they were.

***

"Hey Lucas wait up!" Harry chased after Lucas through the woods. Sticks cracked beneath his feet and branches slapped his face as he rushed through them. "Come on Harry" Lucas called out from ahead. Harry wasn't a very fast runner, which surprised many people because he had such long legs.

When Harry finally caught up to Lucas he was facing a clearing. He could hear the sound of rushing water and the whistling of birds. "Okay Harold, close your eyes, and no peaking." With one hand Lucas covered Harry's eyes and with the other guided him along the rest of the trail out to the clearing.

Harry was excited to see what Lucas was going to show him, he felt as if he were going to jump out of his skin in anticipation.

"Okay now a few more steps, and.... open them" Harry opened his eyes, blinded by the light, he stumbled back a bit. When his vision returned, he stood in awe at the beautiful scenery that surrounded him. "Well what do you think?"

Harry was at a loss for words. He has always been quiet growing up, until he met Lucas. Lucas made him feel like he had a million things to say. But for this one moment he had nothing to say. After a few seconds Lucas broke the silence. "Beautiful isn't it? Just like you."

Lucas wrapped his hands around Harry's waist from behind. His masculine arms engulfing the small boys body causing him to blush. "It really is beautiful, how did you find this place?"

Harry gazed at the small pond with a miniature waterfall pouring into it. Different flowers sprouted from everywhere, blue ones, red ones, yellow one, in all different shapes and scents.

"I came here when I was just a little boy, I go here whenever I need a place to think and some peace and quiet. It's kind of my sacred space. I wanted to show you it because just as special as this place is, you are to me." Harry once again was left with a loss of words, he was blushing profusely as he bit his lip, No one has ever made him feel so special. "I don't know what to say... this place is just amazing."

Lucas walking towards the pond and began to strip his clothes off, "Come on let's go for a swim." "But I don't have my bathing suit" Harry called out. "Yeah me Neither", and as he said that he dropped his pants and was standing there in only his boxers. His nice tan torso glimmered in the sunlight. "Come on, Harry" Harry was ashamed of his body. He always thought he was rather chubby so he never took his shirt off in front of anybody.

"Umm i'd rather not, I just ate and-" Lucas cut him off before he could finish. " Oh come on, don't let me go in alone. Besides a wet Harry is a cute Harry." He gave Harry a wink causing Harry's face to turn even more red than before.

He bit his lip and slowly started walking towards Lucas taking each article of clothing off at a time until he was in his boxers. "See that wasn't so hard now was it, now let's get in." Lucas extended his toe into the deep blue water. He recoiled as it dabbed the cold water. "ooh it's a bit chilly."

A slight grin came across harry's face, he knew what had to be done. He absolutely had to do it. So without any more thought Harry ran towards Lucas and pushed him into the water.

Harry dropped to the ground laughing so hard his stomach began to hurt. Lucas resurfaced with a panicked expression. "cold, cold, cold, cold" he cried out as he swam towards the shore and still laughing Harry. Through his chuckles Harry managed to speak "Oh my god, your face when you hit the water."

After his laughter subsided he got off the ground and helped pull Lucas out of the water. He shivered in the blowing wind. "Okay curly, you gonna play me like that? Let's see how good a swimmer you are." Lucas grabbed Harry bridal style and jumped into the deep blue water with Harry in his arms.

Cold water washed over Harry's head as they sank beneath the surface. Harry instantly started swimming towards the surface in a panic. Harry and Lucas broke the surface at the same time, both shivering in the cold water that surrounded them. "How does that feel? Not so warm now is it." Harry let out an almost inaudible chuckle through his chattering teeth as he began swimming towards Lucas. "Babe, why are you swimming? Just put your feet down."

"Oh.." The water came up to Harry's chin and Lucas shoulders. "It's not so bad once you get used to it." Harry wrapped his arms around Lucas neck "thank you for this, it means a lot to me." "And you mean a lot to me." Harry bit his lip, he could feel the blood rushing to between his legs beneath the cold water. they both leaned into each other, Harry could feel his warm breath on him, it smelled like spearmint. They both leaned in even closer, slowly closing their eyes, and-

*RING*

*RING*

*RING*

Harry shot up out of bed, throwing one of his pillow at the alarm clock across the room knocking the battery out of it. He sighed and his Eyes began to tear up. "It's been 6 months Harry... let him go..." He said to himself, and covered his face with his other pillow, trying to drown out his existence.

Trying out a new story, tell me what you think of it :)

Like, comment, vote <3

~Kas