The Morning Before

When we are young, we are told we can be anything we want to be. A firefighter, an actor, an astronaut, a singer...

But as life goes on we learn that this isn't true. It's a lie we are told to keep our heads up in the clouds just so we can come crashing down when reality hits.

And when you hit the ground, your dreams, your thoughts, your heart all shatter with you. All you are left with after is your own broken existence. And you have to live with that... Because there is nothing to do to fix it.

***

Harry walked to school, like everyday, earbuds in volume up, trying to drown out the world. But he couldn't stop thinking about his recurring dreams. They played on repeat time and time again. There was no pause... and there was no stop...

It's been six months since Lucas left. He just picked up and left without saying a word to anybody. As the warm summer nights turned into the cooler winter evenings, Harry still waited for Lucas' return. But as he waited time and time again, he was left with nothing. No answers, not even the slightest clue on where he might have gone to, or why.

Harry was brought out of his thoughts by a light familiar tap on his shoulder. He turned around and there stood Niall. The cute Irish boy had a cheeky grin on his face as usual. "Hey Niall" Harry said, as Niall continued his smile as if there wasn't a problem in the world.

Harry couldn't understand why Niall was always smiling. Niall and Harry had been friends since they were just young boys. They have a lot of history together. But as long as he has known Niall, he never could figure out what made the Irish lad so cheeky.

"Hey Harry, how are you doing on this fine morning. " They continued walking as they spoke, Niall could tell he was upset when he didn't answer. But this wasn't unusual. Niall knew all about Lucas and his sudden disappearance from Harry's life. He felt sorry for the curly haired boy. He watched as he sobbed night after night, tear after tear sliding down his red cheeks until there were no more, Just a pain in his head and a broken heart.

"Dream about him again?" Niall said barely above a whisper. "Same dream, but you know what they say. Dreams are dreams and you cant change them. You can only learn from them." Niall looked at the sadness that pained Harry's green eyes.

"Well I think you need something to take your mind off things. Zayn is having a Halloween-costume party tonight and its open invite so I decided that we are going and it's going to be a lot of fun." Harry rolled his eyes. The last thing he wanted to do was go to some stupid Halloween party. Especially at Zayns. Harry had a huge disliking for Zayn, as did Niall. He always picked on Harry for being so tall or called him a fag, or tripped him in the hallway.

"Don't worry H, it's a costume party so nobody will even recognize you. And I have just the costume for you." Niall said his cheeky smile growing larger across his face, if that was even possible.

They continued their walk to the school discussing what the nights events were going to entail. Harry was for once kind of excited, but scared at the same time. Harry tried to put his fear aside for Niall's sake. He wanted to make his friend happy. But he feared that the night would only make Harry feel worse.

***

When Harry and Niall finally got to school the bell had already rang. They began making their way too class when they ran into Liam who was shoving books in his locker.

"Hey lads, did you guys hear? We have a new kid in English. Perrie told me he's kinda cute. Might be your type H." Harry rolled his eyes as he did to Niall earlier. Niall snickered and began blushing at Liam, but he didn't notice.

The boys were always trying to set Harry up with other people. But he didn't want anyone else but Lucas. Nobody could make Harry's heart flutter the way he did. It was that magical letter L that rolled off his tongue as he said his name that got his heart pumping. If he could only find that L again... But he knew he never would. It was gone, along with his heart.

Hello :) kind of a short sucky chapter. They will get better though I promise! I decided i'm going to start posting chapters every Friday. So next chapter will be then!!!

Like, Comment, Vote. <3

~Kas