Ch.18

"Kayla I found the person that did this"

"What do you mean? How?"

"Honey Bee, I might not be on earth in physical form but I'm still with you two no matter what" he said with a chuckle, "Do you remember Henry Cunningham?"

I blinked a few times with a confused look

"The guy from 7th grade that had a crush on you? Tall, blonde, and big dorky glasses "

"Oh, yeah, I remember him"

"Well your mom and stepdad hired him to get rid of our daughter-"

"Why would he do that for them? He was a good guy"

"Probably to get revenge on you for breaking his heart...He's got a long wrap sheet"

"You're telling me that the smartest and nicest kid is a criminal?"

"Yeah, it goes all the way back to when he was in 10th grade...it started out as stealing money from a cash register and escalated to battery and assault on his girlfriends, he got out of prison about 4 months ago"

"How do you know all of this?"

"C'mon now honey bee,I was a cop and I can see everything that goes on now"

Victor then looked behind him

"I guess my time's up for now, I need to start heading back"

"Alright, I love-"

Victor put a finger on my lips and smiled

"I know you do, but you need to love Zak as much as you love me"

I just stared at him for an explanation

"I don't have time to explain right now... But I can say that I have a feeling that he's going to be by your side no matter what" he looked behind him again, "The big man's starting to get upset with someone" he looked at me again "Just remember honey bee, I love you and I'll always be there for you, not physically though, but I'll be there and so will Zak, so don't push him away"

he leaned down and kissed my forehead before he walked away, slowly fading till there was nothing. I opened my eyes and I was in a hospital room with Abby next to me sound asleep

"Morning"

I jumped and looked to my right and saw Zak

"When did you get here?" I asked trying to catch my breath from being startled by Zak's voice

"A few minutes ago, you were asleep so I let you be, are you ok?"

"I'll be fine, I just had this weird..."

I don't know if I was dreaming or if it was real I thought

"What?"

"I don't know if it was just a dream or if Victor actually came and talked to me"

"Ms. Summers..."

I looked towards the doorway and saw the detective from Abby's other case that's going on and a few cops with him

"Hello detective..."

What was his name again? I thought

he chuckled a little

"Tom Sellers"

"Thanks, there's been alot on my mind"

"No need to explain, but I do need to ask you a few questions"

"Sure"

Detective Sellers looked at Zak

"He's fine, he knows what's going on" I said