Ch.21

It's been a couple of weeks since what I like to call the 'EVP proposal'. I told my dad and my best friend, which they were excited about the news.

"So when's the wedding?"

"Well Zak's got a couple of months off before he starts filming for the new season, so we're trying to get married sometime in thoughs couple of months," I said to my friend Jessica while I was getting ready for work.

"How's Abby taking it?"

"What do you mean Jess?"

"Does she like the idea of you and Zak getting married?"

"Of course she does Jess...She seems even more happy. If that's even possible," I said pulling my pants up.

"I'm glad things are finally going right for you."

"Thanks Jess, now what do you want?"

"What do ya mean?"

"I know for a fact you didn't just call me 10 minutes before I leave for work just to congradulate me again," I said matter of factly

"Well since you're wedding's in a couple of months...We're going to go dress shopping when you get off work," Jess said.

"Jess, I don't need help on picking out a wedding dress and I think it's to soon to get one anyway," I said.

"But Kayla you need to at least start looking at them. And when you fing the one, you might have to get it tailored," She said a matter-of-factly.

"Fine," I said sighing, "Just text me the place where you want to meet up and we'll get this done. Now I've got to go, I'll see you later Jess."

"Ok, bye."

I hung up the phone with a sigh,

Jess is a nut, I thought and finished getting ready.

I went down to the kitchen but stop near the doorway when I heard Zak say just above a whisper,

"Don't tell mommy what we did ok?"

"Ok."

I went into the kitchen, "Don't tell mommy what?" I asked with an eyebrow raised.

Abby jumped and Zak's eyes widened a little. I looked at what she was eating.

"How'd you get her to eat Cheerios?" I asked squinting at the bowl.

"That's my little secret," Zak said smirking.

I went and got a spoon and ate some of Abby's cereal. I swallowed it and gave him a playful glare.

"You put some sugar in it," I stated.

"Can I get by with one thing without you knowing?" He said with a fake pout.

"Zak you know not many things get past me." I said and gave him a kiss and he gladly returned it.

When we broke apart I said, "Well I've got to get going or I'm going to be late for work. Abby are you coming with mommy?"

"No, I want to go with daddy."

"Ok, now you two better behave while I'm gone." I said pointing at Abby then at Zak.

"Yes, mother." He said.

"Watch it young man, you might get punished if you keep acting like that."

Zak pulled me into a hug and whispered in my ear.

"Kayla, you can punish me anytime."

My mouth hung open slightly from shock and I don't know if it was the room or me but it felt like it was about 95 degrees in the kitchen right now. I cleared my throat and said,