Ch.23

3 Weeks Later

It was finally wedding day and I was starting to get nervous. We decided that we wanted our wedding to be somewhere beautiful, so we chose Waikiki, Hawaii. Our hotel sat near the crystal blue ocean. I was in my hotel room and Zak was a couple of rooms down getting ready for our big day. I was sitting at a Victorian vanity, that was in the huge bathroom, getting my hair done by Jess.

"How are ya feeling?" Jess asked as she put a bobby pin in my hair.

"Nervous."

"There's nothing to be nervous about. He loves you and you love him, right?"

"Right."

"Then why are you so nervous?"

"I don't really know."

Abby came running into the bathroom, "Mommy, grandpa's here!" she said excitedly.

"Where is he?" I asked.

"I'm right here honey bear."

I chuckled at that name. When I was about five I wanted some honey in my plain oatmeal so I climbed on the cabinet and got it. When I took it back to my bowl I opened the lid and squeezed the bear, the lid wasn't on tight enough and honey got everywhere.

"Hi dad. Why do you have a video camera?" I said looking at him through the mirror.

"To record my daughter's wedding of course. It's not on yet."

"Good because I look like a total mess. By the way, can you help Abby put on her dress?"

"Sure...Come on sprinkles, let's get you ready."

"Alright, hairs done, time to get the dress on, then your make-up," Jess said.

"Why can't we do the make-up now?"

"Do you want it all smeared and your dress get that stuff all over it?"

"No."

"Ok then. I'll be right back."

Jess left the bathroom to get my wedding dress. When Jess left, Abby came running into the bathroom.

"Look mommy!"

"You look like a little princess," I said smiling and hugging her.

I took my iPhone and took a picture of her. Jess came back in with the wedding dress and hung it on the door hanger.

"You look so cute," Jess gushed, "Do you love it?"

"Yeah, I look like a princess."

Me and Jess chuckled as Abby left to play with grandpa. I got my dress on and Jess started on my make-up. When that was done my dad and Jess took pictures of me and Abby together.

"It's almost time Kayla. I'm going to go check to see if Zak is ready," my dad said.

A few minutes past and my dad came back in the room.

"He'll be ready in a second. Zak ran into a little problem."

"Is he ok?" I asked worriedly.

"Yeah he's fine. He stubbed his toe on the bed."

"Dad, don't do that, I thought it was something serious."

I saw Zak standing in the beautifully decorated gazebo by the preacher. The gazebo was right by the ocean. Abby started down the light pink velvet aisle tossing pink rose petals from side to side. When she reached the first row of chairs she gave Aaron a high-five then went up to Zak to stand. I linked my arm with my dad's and we started down the aisle. Once we reached the front the preacher asked,