Ch.22

My shift was over unfortunately. I didn't want to go dress shopping. Not because I'm getting cold feet but because Jess is really annoying when it comes to dresses. I sighed and looked at the text message, 'Bride's 2 B'. I got in my car and headed to the boutique.

Once I got to the Bride's 2 B door, I was greeted by Jess.

"How've ya been Kayla?" She asked me while opening the door for me.

"I'm doing fine Jess," I said as we walked in.

"What kind of dress do you want exactly?"

"Something simple and basic Jess."

I saw that 'You've got to be kidding me' look on her face.

"What? I don't want a dress that's so puffy that Zak can't reach me when it's time to seal the marriage. And I definitely don't want a dress that has so many rhinestones on it that you have to wear sunglasses from the shininess," I stated.

"Ok. Do you want sleeves, straps, or no straps?" Jess asked as she started walking away from the really puffy dresses.

She then stopped and looked at me.

"Basically what I'm trying to say is...Do you want Zak to have a hard time getting you out of the dress or not?"

I could feel my face heating up. Why in the world would she say something like that in public? That's right, it's her. She's very unpredictable at times.

"Jess. I don't think the whole world wants to know," I hissed.

"There's no one here Kayla. Just some of the employees, that's it," She said while taking my hand, "Now c'mon. What kind?"

"I've always liked strapless dresses."

"Alright. Now we're getting somewhere," Jess said.

We made it to the strapless dresses and then she said,

"I'm going to look at the flower girl dresses."

Before I could say anything she was gone.

Why did I agree to go shopping with her?

I started looking at some dresses until a lady that looked to be in her early 40s came up to me.

"Are you finding everything ok?"

"Not really," I said honestly.

"What type of dress are you looking for?" She asked nicely.

"I would like a dress that's strapless or very little straps..."

She nodded and I continued, "I don't want to look like a blingy cupcake."

She chuckled at that and motioned for me to follow her. We made it to a section that had strapless dresses that were simple.

"Here's one big question, what's your dress size?"

"Um...Size 4."

She started looking for a size 4. I felt my phone go off so I looked at it, '1 new text'. I opened it and saw a very puffy, sparkly, hot pink dress.

-Wat u think?-J

-No-

I put my phone back in my pocket in time for the lady to hand me a dress.

"You can try this on right over there," She said pointing to the dressing rooms, "And if you need me I'll be right outside the door."

I closed the door and put the dress on. When I got it on I stepped out of the room so she could zip the dress up. I looked in the mirror, turning around to look at the back then bit the inside of my cheek.