Classes

Harry walked out of the dorm to his muggle studies class. Malfoy followed him seeing as they shared all classes. Both of them were grumbling under their breath, trying to avoid each other as much as possible.

To Draco Malfoy, there was only one good thing to come from this. He would ace this muggle thing, seeing as Harry had lived with 3 muggles up until his 17th birthday and of course, while he was at Hogwarts.

When they walked in, about a quarter of the class was there. Harry sat at one end of the room and Draco, the other.

The rest of the class filed in, talking, laughing and smiling.
A few minutes later, the professor walked in.

She was a short woman on the plump side. She had graying black hair and wrinkles.

She walked to the front of the class and said loudly, "Hello class! I hope you had a good morning. I am Professor Hagglebee. Now, since this is a muggle studies class, I must ask you to turn in your wands."

Everyone groaned on protest as professor Hagglebee walked around, collecting everyone's wands in a box.

"Today, you will be learning the basics of muggle life. Now, to start off, I want all of you to write two questions about muggles and I will answer them anonymously. And yes I am qualified to teach. I grew up with a muggle mother in a muggle community. Please pull out parchment and a quill and write your questions."
Everyone scrambled around pulling out parchment, quills and the scratch of writing filled the room.

Harry didn't really have any questions but he wrote some any way.

Question 1: How do muggles manage without magic?

Question 2: What is the most fascinating thing about muggles to you?

Harry got up and put his questions in the bag in Hagglebee's desk.

As he was walking away, the professor called his name. "Harry,"
"Yes, professor?" Harry responded.

"Where is your partner?"

"Uh, over there."

"So why aren't you sitting with him?"

"Um..." Harry started.

"Please go sit with Mr. Malfoy." She said rolling her eyes slightly.
Harry went to his seat and grabbed his bag and sat down next to Draco.

"Potter." Draco spat.

"Malfoy." Harry mocked Draco's tone.

For the rest of class Harry, muted the professor's words and Draco pretended to as well but he was actually intruiged by the subject.

Eventually the vlass neared toward the end so they were called up to take their wands. Just before they were dissmissed everyone was elated by professor Hagglebee's words: "No homework for tonight."

"Hey, Potter." Draco chased after Harry to catch up with him.

"What do you want Malfoy?" Harry said exasperated.

"I lost my schedule. What's our next class?" Draco asked, embarrassed by the fact the he had to ask Harry for anything.

"The Muggle Kitchen, with Professor Slughorn." Harry replied after glancing at class schedule.

"Thanks." Draco said quietly.

The two boys returned to walking on the opposite sides of the hall.

As they walked into the classroom, the scent of cakes filled their noses.

"Welcome," Professor Slughorn said when everyone was seated.
"to Home Ec. This is a class of cooking like muggles. Those of you who excel in potions will most likely excel in cooking. Cooking is surprisingly simalar to potions. The measurements, stirring and recipes."