Pancakes

"What do you mean Harry told Malfoy off?" Hermione practically screeched.

"Yeah, you should've seen it! He was all like, 'This is payback for all the crap you put everyone through.' It was amazing!"

"It wasn't like that. You're exaggerating Ron." Harry rolled his eyes.

"But it was!" Ron was waving his hands frantically. "I'm under-exaggerating! It was that great! And then he threw Malfoy's wand at him! It was kind of exhilarating."

"Ron, under-exaggerating isn't a proper phrase." It was now Hermione's turn to roll her eyes.

"But guys, you're missing the big picture! Malfoy is too scared to mess with anyone anymore. He's gonna leave us all alone! We never have to deal with him again."

Everyone in the Gryffindor common room seemed to ponder this and then smiles broke out among them. The hell that Draco Malfoy had put them all through, was over and done with. Harry Potter hauled them out of a nightmare once again.

Harry, apparently aware of what was next, left the common room to go to his dorm. Ron ran after him.

"Hey, you promised that you'd tell me why you blew up."

"I just kinda lost it. I felt like it needed to be done."

"Hell yeah it needed to be done. There's another reason why though. I just know it."

"I don't know. Maybe its from the stress of living with the git."

"Yeah, probably." Ron said, although suspicious of Harry's answer.

"I'm gonna go to bed now, maybe I'll be able to avoid him for a few hours more."

Harry could tell that Draco was in their dorm already by all the noises he was making. Harry took a deep breath in and stepped inside the room. Draco was attempting to cook something but was failing miserably. The room was filled with smoke that smelled like a burnt bowl of rice, and trust me on this, burnt rice has a very prominent smell.

"What the hell are you doing?" Harry coughed, waving the smoke out of his face.

"I was trying to make pancakes." Draco said shyly.

"What? Why in the world...?" Harry trailed off.

"Because I'm hungry! What other reason would I be making food?" Draco cried.

Harry raised his eyebrows and went to open the windows and door. After he opened one window he asked, "What was the real reason you were trying to make pancakes?"

"There is no other reason. What other reason would there be?" Draco turned up his nose.

"I know when people are lying. Not all the time, but a lot of the time."

"Fine. I was making pancakes to apologize." Draco looked down at the floor as if it were suddenly interesting.

"But, you failed epically." Harry, although against his will, suddenly felt a deep remorse for the blond haired boy in front of him."Here, let me help you." Harry walked over to the stove and inspected the burnt pancakes which were somehow still watery in the middle.

"Well, at least now I know why my grades are falling, its because of you. And is this 'burnt on the outside and soggy in the middle' thing a trademark for you?" Harry laughed. He smiled at waved Draco over to the cooking station the school had provided. "So, here's what you did wrong..."

{°•°•°•°•°•°•°}

After an hour and a half or so of cooking pancakes, Draco had mastered making pancakes.

The pair sat on the floor in silence eating their pancakes. They both thought if things to say yet the words never made their way from their minds to the air around them.

At least until Draco cut through the heavy silence.

"Thanks for helping me make these."

"Now you owe me." Harry smiled with satisfaction.

"No way! I never agreed to that deal. You offered to help and I accepted. That's it." Draco's eyes widened. "Well, it depends on what it is."

"20 questions." Harry simply said.

"What?"

"Its a muggle game. You take turns asking questions."

"Oh. That seems easy enough. No super personal questions though okay?"

"Alright." Harry got up and put his plate in the sink to be washed. "You first."

"Um... Why did you reject my friendship in our first year? I mean, no one rejects me." Draco ended sassily.

"You were rude, full of yourself, I just didn't want to surround myself with people like you. Unless, of course, you changed. But you took everything the wrong way and decided I was, from that point on, your sworn enemy." Harry paused, as if he were going to say something else. "My turn. So, why-" His words were cut off because of the knocking at their door. Harry walked over and opened it to see his girlfriend, Ginny Weasley standing there.

"Hi Harry, I just stopped by to see how you were doing in your week without wands." Ginny smiled.

Harry pulled out his wand from his pocket. "Ron and I 'stole' them back." Harry said putting quotation marks in the air when he said stole.

"You idiot. Anyways, I need to talk to you in a place more private."

"Yeah, sure." And with that, Ginny pulled Harry out into the hall, closing the door behind them. They walked halfway down the stairs before sitting down on the stone steps.

"I heard what happened between you and Malfoy. You need to learn how to control your temper. I know the things he's done and I'd like to smash his face in, but you have to wait. He is so vulnerable right now, its almost unfair. You know, because of the forced mark and the war and everything."

"I know, we've made up though. I helped him make pancakes." Harry shrugged.

"When were you two even fine with each other?" Ginny questioned.

"We never were. He was trying to make peace in the form of pancakes between all of us but he burnt them. The pancakes, that is. He just looked so..." Harry trailed off when he realized what he was about to say.

"Well, maybe Hogwarts will finally be at peace. But its up to you to keep that peace. So... Do just that."

"Okay." Harry smiled.

"Look babe, I gotta go, classes. Bye. I love you." Ginny said kissing him goodbye.

Harry kissed back and replied, "I love you too babe." And Ginny walked away.
________________

Hello peplyes! I'm trying to keep up with timely updates and I am! I honestly love this chapter. It was just so cute! And its original! That's why I'm so proud of it. I have to admit, my mind does not have many original thoughts. I've never seen any fanfic of any ship that has them baking, cooking etc. Actually, now that I think of it, Phan probably has alit of baking stuff. But that's because they actually do cook and bake together. Of course, I've never seen any phanfics of them baking, but still. I guess this isn't an original thought. Oops! *laughs nervously*
Anyways, bye!
*walks away thinking* I probably shouldn't degrade my writing if I'm gonna write for a living in the future...