Ch.4

Michael's POV

Michael was doing his usual scavenging and ransacking people's homes at the isolated town they had settled, before he sported the familiar dark boy at an alleyway. He was wearing one of the common Celtic garment, a simple dark robe that had a hood to cover up your appearance. But Calum didn't draw his hood on, as if he wanted to be seen.

Michael hid under a nearest crate filled with vegetables as he saw that his old friend was accompanied by 3 other Celts. What are they doing here? He thought to himself. The town was pretty much taken over by them so he wasn't quite sure how they managed to bypass all of their powerful warriors. They had pretty much enslaved the citizens of this town and if they decided to play fire with fire, they wouldn't hesitate to kill them on the spot. So what was their purpose in coming here? Maybe they heard about this town being taken over by the Anglo Saxons themselves.

Michael waited a little longer, making sure that there were no other soldiers with them, before he made a little rustling sound, which began to attract them to the source of the sound.

Before they could take a good look at his face, he grabbed the 4 forcefully and slammed them into a wall, in a deserted house, earning a loud crack as their shoulders collided the granite walls.

As soon as he released them and let their bodies slumped against each other, he made his way to the door and blocked it, allowing no escape route for the 4 men.

"Michael?" said Calum as he craned his head up to meet his old friend.

He gave him a swift nod before averting his gaze to rest of his units. "What are you doing here?" he asked, gritting his teeth.

He snorted. "What are you doing here? Aren't you suppose to be back in your land, if you don't mind me asking." He gave him a smug look, obviously knowing the answer to his rhetorical question.

"That doesn't matter," he growled, shooting daggers at him. "What matters is why are you all stalking through the streets of this town."

Calum sighed and decided to answer his question, tired of Michael's attitude. "Fine. I'll tell you." He raised his hands up in surrender. "We were out scavenging."

"Is that all?" asked Michael, cocking his eyebrow at him. He nodded. "Well now that's out of the way, I want to know if it's true that you're planning a war against us."

Silence. Silence was all he got in return. "We can do this all day," he said, whistling a tune of a lullaby he knew afterwards.

Calum huddled up with the boys and began to whisper things that were incoherent to Michael, before breaking apart and groaned. "Yesandits'shappeningin6daystime," they all confirmed simultaneously in one breath.

He smiled. "Perfect." He paced around the room like a mad man before glancing back at them and said, "If you tell a soul about this, I will personally hunt you one by one and chop of your heads and make them a nice addition to my Hall." They gulped as his face darkened and his eyes glistened with malice, before he slipped out the door and completely disappeared.