Ch.8

Niall's POV

"We didn't plan this!" I screamed and slammed my fist on the dining table, making the chefs wine slosh around in his chalice.

"You can't just go and execute them! They don't even participate in the war!" Liam screamed.

We were all pretty pissed at the fact that everyone decided to kill our friends, even though they're supposed to be our foes.

The chef narrowed his eyes at us and took a sip from his alcoholic poison.

"What do you mean? What concern is it to you boys if they get beheaded?" He drawled, taking another slow, long sip from the golden cup.

We looked at each other, hoping someone could give a valid reason for why our frenemies shouldn't be killed.

"Exactly. There is no concern. Quit wasting my time and hurry up. The elders are waiting for you 4 blokes in the town square and it's best not to keep them waiting. You all should know how cranky old men get if you keep them waiting."

I couldn't stand to look at the fat arse in front of me anymore. Giving him one last dirty glare, I stormed out of the room, with the other 3 behind me.

We have to stop the execution.

~

"Finally! What took you boys so long? Come now, the execution is about to start!"

6 elders came behind us and pushed us to move faster. I felt like turing around and slicing their heads off at that moment for even daring to touch me but, I kept my hidden blade stashed up my sleeve.

There was a huge crowd, crowding a tall, wooden tower at the bottom of the small hill we were descending.

So be it.

They really were going to be beheaded.

And at the pace we're going, one of them could be dead by the time we get there.

I couldn't take it anymore. I pulled my tomahawk off my belt and ran down the hill.

"Stop! Stop this immediately!!" I screamed and pushed my way to the front of the crowd.

People looked at me like I was a mad man but I honestly couldn't care less. My best mates were going to be executed in less than 2 minutes.

I finally made it to the front, Calum and Ashton coming up beside me.

"Why should we stop?" The masked killer asked and played around with the shiny, polished axe in his hands.

Again, we were lost for words. I opened and closed my mouth multiple times but, nothing came out. Looking at the traumatized faces of my friends made me speechless.

"Because they're traitors!" Some woman yelled, somewhere in the crowd.

"Kill them before they bring their Anglo-Saxon scum!" Another person yelled.

More and more people started agreeing. Soon, the entire crowd was chanting "kill them, kill them."

Some guards came up behind us and picked us up by our upper arms. "Put me down you bastard!" Calum screeched and kicked his legs around in terror.

I kept on squirming, even though they were already chaining me down.

Everything was happening so quickly and before I knew what was going on, the axe was already being lowered onto my neck.

I felt the cold metal make contact with my skin and...

"Niall!"

I shot up on the couch and Louis slapped me across the face.

"Louis!? You're here?! You're really here!" I squealed in excitement and wrapped my arms around the confused boy.

"Um yeah. And you're really going to clean the windshield because Paul isn't here to do it." He said, pushing me off him.

"NONONONONONONONO! I AM NOT GOING OUT THERE!" I screamed.

"Ugh. Whatever. I guess you're too hungover anyway." He shook his head and stalked away.

I am NEVER going drinking again.