Chapter 2: Diagon Alley

Any of J.K Rowling's storylines and Characters that I use are rightfully hers but the characters that I make are mine'

If you were to look at Riddle Manor from the outside you wouldn't think that much had changed in the past ten years. The manor was still grand and the large windows still gleamed as though they were made of diamonds. Ivy still grew on the walls and the gardens were still immaculate. Frogs could still be found hopping from lily pad to lily pad in the pond and the forest continued to add to the beauty of the grounds.

Inside however everything was different. Ten years ago the manor was quiet and usually devoid of people besides Tom Riddle, with the exception of meetings. Expensive paintings hung from the walls and antique vases decorated the rooms. Now moving pictures of a young boy laughing, flying, and running around hung next to the expensive paintings. Portraits of a handsome man with ice blue eyes and a young boy with eyes that shone like emeralds hung above fireplaces and laughing could be heard throughout the manor. Young kids frequented the manor, something which ten years ago would've never happened.

The changes were caused by Harrison Salazar Riddle, the son of Tom Marvolo Riddle, and the heir of the great Salazar Slytherin himself. Over the past ten years Harrison had grown into a handsome young man. He was tall for his age with short jet black hair that was always styled perfectly, he had pale skin and eyes that shone like the brightest emeralds. Harrison had also become exceedingly smart, some would even go so far as to call him a genius or a prodigy. Ever since he could read he would spend hours every day reading books and trying to learn as much as he could. Harrison, along with his best friends had also been tutored in magic by Tom and several of his death eaters.

As well as learning about magic Harrison also learned several languages, something which his father told him would come in handy as he got older. He was fluent in French, Italian, Bulgarian, and Latin. He had never counted parseltongue as a language since he had been able to speak it for as long as he could remember.

The day after Harrison's eleventh birthday found Harrison sitting down in one of the dining rooms at Riddle Manor with his father. The dining room was large with a black marble floor and a long dark brown table that seated twelve. There was a roaring fireplace that was ten feet tall along one wall and a pair of tall double doors along another. There were several paintings of various landscapes on the walls and an antique chandelier hung from the ceiling. This was the darkest of the dining rooms, but also the smallest which is why they would normally eat breakfast in there.

As soon as Harrison sat down a small green snake with shimmering scales poked its head out of his sleeve. The snake slithered out and moved up one of his arms until it was lounging around his shoulders. The snake was two feet long and the tip of its tail was the only part that wasn't green, instead it was a bright silver color.

"I trust you slept well?" Tom asked his son as he sat down his cup of coffee.

"Yes," Harrison said while cutting a piece of ham for his familiar. "I fell asleep as soon as I laid down actually."

"Good," Tom replied. "You had a long day yesterday, I'm not surprised that you were extremely tired."

"Speaking of yesterday, thank you again for my presents," Harrison said sincerely. "Especially for Ares."

Ares was the large black owl his father had given him as one of his birthday presents. Harrison had chosen the name Ares because that was the name of the Greek God of war, bloodlust, and violence. Those who knew what the name meant had found his choice amusing.

"You're very welcome," Tom remarked with a warm smile.

I don't like him. The snake around Harrison's shoulders hissed.