Chapter 11: Duels, Petrification and Dumbledore

The first two weeks of school were spent reviewing and learning slightly more advanced spells than they had in first year. Harrison knew all of the material so he used the lessons to read ahead. He knew a charm that could make a book look like a different one so he spelled Dark Arts and advanced books to look like his classroom ones. Once he showed the professors he knew what they were working on that day he was allowed to read ahead. Like the year before Harrison was considered a prodigy by all of his professors. Harrison alone earned Slytherin house a hundred points in the first week much to Ron's annoyance.

Harrison noticed Hermione and Luna growing close and the two appeared to mentor one another. Luna would show Hermione advanced spells and Hermione would walk the younger girl to her classes. At first Hermione was annoyed that a younger witch knew more magic than her but she soon got over it, her love of learning was more important than a small amount of jealousy. Luna was firmly on his father's side and if she grew close to Hermione that would be one more person to convince Hermione that the dark side is better than the light. Draco, Leo and Cass still didn't like Hermione but Harrison honestly didn't think that'd ever change. Blaise was more or less indifferent towards her and the others liked her but hated her muggle heritage.

The first Saturday of the school year Harrison received a letter from his dad about Bill and Charlie. He had opened the letter with slight trepidation, either they would be on his fathers side or he'd be reading about their deaths in the Daily Prophet soon. Normally he wouldn't care but he did consider the Weasley twins friends and he didn't want them hurt. Harrison had been pleased to read that both Bill and Charlie were more than willing and had been in fact happy when the Death Eaters came. Apparently their mother was worse than Harrison had thought and had thoroughly turned them against Dumbledore and the light with her nagging and constant praising of Dumbledore. And neither boys liked her archaic views on how all dark magic is evil and everyone who practiced it was as bad as the devil.

When the first Hogsmeade weekend came around Harrison had observed Percy when he returned to the castle. The prefect had seemed more smug than usual and walked with an air of superiority that was usually reserved for Slytherins. Harrison had smirked for he knew what that look meant, the Death Eaters had a new member. His assumption was correct, that night he had received a letter from his father informing him that Percy swore an oath to take the dark mark once he graduated. For now the red head would gather information from within Gryffindor house, Tom said the Death Eater he sent told him that Percy had been eager to join. Percy was extremely ambitious and knew joining Voldemort was the smart thing to do, power to him meant more than anything and knowing his two older brothers had taken the mark only made the decision easier.

Ron had spent the first two weeks of school trying to get back at the Slytherins who he knew caused the spiders. The Slytherins vehemently denied having any part of it but Ron didn't believe them. Harrison personally found his attempts at payback amusing. Ron pulled his wand on them several times but never succeeded in ever cursing any of them. Blaise suggested showing Ron some spells just to make it actually challenging but Harrison just rolled his eyes because knowing Blaise he was serious.

Fred and George saw the spiders filling the Gryffindor table as a challenge to come up with something better. For the first week of school the twins wreaked havoc on Hogwarts. Everywhere Harrison looked students were walking around with flashing robes, pig tails and neon colored hair. The Weasley twins even devised a spell that caused whoever walked under a specific doorway to float for five minutes, Harrison was actually impressed with that feat. The professors however didn't find the twins amusing, they lost a hundred points and received two weeks worth of detention. Fred and George both said it was worth it. However detention didn't stop them, they only did when Harrison threatened to skin them alive after turning all of the Slytherins hair scarlet and gold, including Harrison's.