Norman as Daryl Fluff

It was the first day of filming season 3. You park your car and head to base camp located on the back lot of the prison. Suddenly your phone starts to vibrate. You received a text from Greg telling you he was running a bit late, but to still open up the trailers. Officially you are just a make up artist and have helped create a few grotesque walkers. You approach the makeup/wardrobe trailer, set down your bag and fumble for your keys. You then feel two hands slip past your temples and cover your eyes.

“Hey Norman” you knew who it was, Norman has always been a jokester. Plus this mans scent and feel is unmistakable.
“You’re no fun” he releases his hands. You turn around to face him. “Its good to see you again” he hugs you.
“You too Norm” you say. His hugs are always the best, a little too close for comfort, but still great.
“Anyone else here with ya” he releases and pulls out a cigarette.
“Nope, just us for now. Greg text me, said he will be here in about an hour” you respond, now slipping your keys into the door lock.
“mmhhhmm” he mumbles while puffing on his cigarette. You turn the key and open the door.
“Here I got this,” he took hold of your bag following right behind you.
Norman stayed hanging with you until the others started to arrive. You exchange some friendly chit-chat about what you did while on hiatus. You knew he was a busy guy, but damn. He was filming a movie, voicing for a video game, doing his photography…among so much more.
“Holy crap, You need a vacation”
“You’re telling me” he snuffs his cigarette in a nearby ash tray and gets up from the couch he was occupying.
Not long after, you hear vehicles starting to arrive. In comes some if the production crew, you say ‘hi’ to a few. Then in comes cast members. You had befriended most of them, at least as good work acquaintances.
“Smile for the first day of season 3!” Steven says, raising his camera at you. You smile towards the camera. Right before he clicked you felt someone come up behind you, wrapping their arm around your shoulder. After the flash, you look to see who you had a photo op with, it was Norman.
“Aww what a cute couple,” Melissa smiles and chuckles. You move to look over Melissa’s shoulder at the picture.
“You’re such a dope” you shove Norman’s shoulder. In the picture he pretended to lick you *as he does in many of his pictures). He chuckles, hiding his smile with his hand.
“Would you have me any other way” he says through his grin. You smile and just shake your head at his awkwardness.

“Alright ladies and gentlemen, let’s get this rodeo going” Greg walks in and speaks over everyone.
You take a spot at one of the makeup chairs awaiting for the cast to change into costume. The task at hand was to ensure the cast looked dirty, like they had been on the road for the better part of a year. The cast begins filing in, taking seats on chairs. Steven sits at the chair to your left, Lauren takes your chair and Norman sits to your right. It is always surreal to the the cast dressed as their character.

“Lets get dirty” Lauren laughs as she situated herself.
“Oh, I like where this is going” Norman looks over at the two of you. His elbow is placed on the arm rest, head in hand, and his legs crossed like he was waiting for a show.
“Pig” you laugh at Norman, tossing a cotton ball at him. He chuckles throwing the ball back at you.
You make quick work of the makeup that was needed.

“Alright, your needed on set in 5” A voice calls through the trailer. Lauren gets up and inspects herself in the mirror. She compliments your work. At this point Gale is walking through the trailer when she comes over to Norman.
“No sunglasses on set Norman, you know the rules” she says like a stern teacher.
“Yeah, yeah. They make it into one shot and you never hear the end of it” he takes them off.“ Watch these for me will ya” he places them on your head.
“Oh man, he must really like you. No ones allowed to touch the ‘bans’” Steven jokes from his chair.
“Shut up” Norman lashes back. He follows closely behind the other cast members as they make their exit from the trailer.
The cast leaves for preliminary filming. A hoard of people dressed as walkers, all wearing prison uniforms, soon arrive. For the next two hours you are working on zombie makeup. After you finish your probably 3rd or 4th person, Greg comes into the trailer and calls you outside. A secondary makeup artist takes over your chair and continues working.
“You had some good input last season, I’d like you to join in more this time round” he says handing you the days script and plot points.
“Awesome. Better than being stuck in a trailer all day” you look at the papers.
“Great let’s go” he waves his hand in the direction you are to walk.
You follow behind him to the front side of the prison. You are in near shock when you see the filming area. It looks just like the you imagined it did in the comics.
Greg leads you further into the prison courtyard. People are all standing idly by awaiting direction. As you follow Greg, you see Norman, Steven and Andy all sitting together on the ground of the courtyard. When you make eye contact, Norman waves to you; his usual, but adorable smirk and half finger wave. You smile bashfully back at him and are distracted just long enough to manage to trip on a cord and stumble right into a stationary camera.
“Son of a bitch” you blurt out. Louder than you would have liked, but it hurt. Your whole head is ringing, and the point of impact is now throbbing; and your vision seems a bit blurry,
“Oh, honey, your bleeding” Greg’s say. You see his fuzzy hand come up to your forehead. As you try to get your bearings, you hear more muffled voices and feel more hands on you. 
You are taken to an on site medical tent.
You hold gauze to your head as the medic checks your pupils with a tiny flash light and asks you questions. 
“How did you hit your head” she asks, placing the little light down. you think about it; to be honest you where too distracted to even remember what happened. All you remember was that smile….
“She tripped and hit her head on a camera” Normans voice says from behind you. You swing your head around to look at him, but are suddenly hit with a sharp headache. You close your eyes in pain, and turn your head back to look back at the medic sitting in front of you. you hear footsteps moving closer to you. that unmistakable scent hits your nose again. Norman was ow standing beside you.
“Look like your going to need a couple stitches, hun” the medic says, taking the gauze from your hand. all the while, your head is throbbing to every syllable. You cringe at the pain. “just hold that for one more minute, Ill be right back” she says, placing the gauze back on your head. You are just about to place your hand back on it, when you are stopped by a rough hand. 
You slowly open your eyes and see Norman sitting in front of you, his arm is extended, his hand is now holding the gauze to your head. He smile at you once again. That devilish smile, that’s what got you into this mess in the first place. But its just so damn enchanting.
The medic comes back over and stitches you up very quickly. All the while, Norman is standing by your side. Once she is finished, the medic walks away, giving you a few aspirin for your headache.
“At least you have a use for these now” Norman says pulling down his Ray-Bans still sitting on top of your head. You had nearly forgotten about them. The stitches where just above your left eyebrow, and the sunglasses covered them perfectly. You blush a little looking into his eyes when he straightens the ‘Bans’ on your face. 

***********

Taken from @ Reedus-Dixon-Fanfics on tumblr! Go check em page out!A requested one will be up next!Message me if you want one!! Love y'all.

***********