The First Sister (Altair X Reader)

Because it seems to me like Altair has been forgotten in this franchise. He's totally on my top 5 list.

Have the first one shot! :D Enjoy!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You had many nicknames. Thief, cutthroat, insect, rat, they were endless. But to some, many called you a myth, nothing but a fly on the wall. You'd end up in one place and then in another a few seconds later. People would catch glimpses of you every now and then, usually in the rich districts and yet yourself not even close to wealthy. You were always on the move, usually from guards and from being spotted; you were also careful with the people around you, you would gently push them aside to not alert nearby watchmen or you would stay to the shadows to avoid them. There was always a cape that covered your form, no dresses or long skirt, they weren't well suited for your type because you couldn't freely move around as much. You weren't like most women, women during that era were supposed to wear those kinds of clothing, but not you. You wore pants and tall boots, and a shirt that was tucked into your bottoms. There was also a leather belt that held pouches of the goods you had found through out Jerusalem strapped onto your hip, along with a hidden dagger and sword. You weren't the regular passerby, but unique and mysterious, different. You were given the name 'Nightingale' for your prowess and skill to stay hidden in plain sight.

Today was hot, hotter than the usual Jerusalem temperature. You were dying for some water, and the only source were the fountains nearby, but you'd look like a complete fool drinking from them so you carried on. Your hand reached for your pouch, but you sighed heavily as you felt nothing but a void in there, you needed money. But in order to do that you needed to be on the ground.

You surveyed the streets of Jerusalem and it's people below you, they went on with their chores and duties like they did everyday. The beggars would interrupt people who passed and the drunkards would push all who got near, it was the same old thing that you saw everyday. You had no home so you were on the move constantly, looting nobles and ransacking houses for anything useful that you could have. Sometimes you wished you could do something good, of course there was the stealing from the rich and giving to the poor thing, but you felt like your life had no goal, no meaning to what you were doing. You wanted to do more for the people, to help those who are in need of it most and be rid of the hypocrites and cowards who control the city. But how could you do that? One woman against a whole city of guardsmen? They'd lynch you for just finding out who you really were.

Deep in your thoughts, you were soon interrupted by a sight that caught your eye. You saw a white figure walking through the streets who looked to be like a monarch, but there was no way. Your gut was telling you there was more than meets the eyes to this person; it was a male judging by the person's figure, your (e/c) eyes saw the shape of a blade secured on his hip and a dagger tucked tightly in a leather strapping on his back. He was no ordinary man, and that meant precious loot for you. You smirked as you pulled your grey hood over your head and proceeded down the building, hoping he hadn't noticed you yet.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Altair had many things to do that day in Jerusalem, one was to deal with Malik and his constant insults and sass, he was in no mood for anything that would interrupt his schedule. He was in search for any clues or insights on where to find his target, and with his recent demotion and strip of his weapons he had to do it the hard way instead of straight answers.

Aside from that, he was also on his toes, more than usual after hearing about Jerusalem's current myth of the 'Nightingale.' He knew about the person's ways of stealing and giving to the poor, but that didn't make him any less cautious. The stories he heard were interesting, about how this character would be at one location and then be seen at another, the individual must have been a master of deception which was a mandatory quality for Assassins. He began to wonder if they were one themselves, but he never heard their name be mentioned at Masyaf so it wasn't possible.