Allying with the enemy

Jenna cried out as another blow hit her face. She knew she was going to be bruised for awhile after she got out of this mess. After being captured by the Tenebrosi, they had chained her wrists to the wall of what seemed to be a dungeon, and her feet barely touched the floor since she was so short. "All of this will end," a familiar voice whispered in the dark, "when you tell us where that daughter of yours and Niguidara went to."

"Never," Jenna hissed, kicking her foot out, landing a blow on just the spot she wanted. Only one torch was lit above her head, giving her a dim light to see. However, her attacker kept to the shadows, making it hard for her to see. She had a pretty good guess, though who it was. But she decided to play the fighting victim and ignore his identity.

"You'll pay dearly for that, wench," the voice hissed.

"Give me your worst," Jenna taunted darkly. "I still won't tell you where my daughter and her friend are."

The voice chuckled, and she felt a hand on her face. "I think you will..." he whispered in her ear.

Jenna knew what he was thinking; twitching out of his reach, she telepathically attempted to attack his mind - only it somehow backfired, and gave her an automatic headache.   The voice laughed. "That's right, try to attack me, and it will only hurt you."

"That shouldn't be possible..." she said, trying to keep the fear from coming into her voice. If her fear spiked too much, Khila would be able to sense it through the maternal bond they had; and more than likely try to rescue her. She had to keep Khila and Leila as far from her prison as possible. Otherwise, whatever Narcissa had done to keep Leila out of the Malevolent Dragon's clutches would be for naught.

"Abraxas has grown in power," the voice continued, gently stroking Jenna's face again while she was still recovering from the shock of pain. "He's the one who is hindering your powers useless."

"How?" Jenna demanded, twitching away from him again, becoming rather annoyed with his touch. "No one should be that powerful. Not even the Great Malevolent Dragon."

"We don't know," the voice admitted. "But it doesn't matter. He will prevail."

"By turning Gondra into a place of darkness and terror?" Jenna retorted, glaring in the direction of the voice. "It was supposed to be a Haven; not a place for war."

"The war began thousands of years ago," the voice hissed, making Jenna flinch since he was so close to her ear. "Abraxas is just going to bring it out into the light."

"He will fail," Jenna growled, struggling to keep herself in check with her emotions. No doubt both girls had figured out what had happened to her. She could only pray to Adonai that Leila didn't remember the way to this place.

"We'll see," the voice replied maliciously.

Jenna began to kick again, but stopped when she sensed Khila. "No..." She whispered, horrified. Khila could only be a about a league away from her prison.

"Niguidara's close by," Trixell called out, entering the dungeon. If Jenna ever got out of this, she was going to give Trixell a good beating. "And she's not alone."

"Better give her the best reception she and her friends ever had," the voice said. She sensed him turn back to her. "We'll finish here after your daughter and Niguidara joins us."

Khila... Jenna called out telepathically; hoping no one would notice. She had to convince the girls to leave before everything fell apart.

🐉🐉🐉🐉🐉🐉🐉🐉🐉🐉🐉🐉🐉

After the brief fight with some of the Tenebrosi, they all landed in a clearing and continued on foot. "Do you know where the secret entrance to the castle is?" Leila asked.